Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough

magister

Well Martin, it might not all be as you expect -Simon R and Chris H-H seemed very surprised to find how small those third place trophies are. You are missing out on all the tyre war banter, sounds like these ZZR's would be just the thing for you 'up north' - they work well in the cold. If you need any more information you will have to contact Alan Bowler, as he is the paddock expert on tyre technology.

Class 4 was fun as always, except Nigel had to go home with a poorly car; will we see you now you have the new F1 style Motor home?

Lynnx

Simon R and Chris H-H seemed very surprised to find how small those third place trophies are 😳

Please tell me more - who were the winners and losers? Are there some sets of Kumhos going cheap?

Gski *wavey*

No Graham but Chris and I are investing in a new portable Solar Array to be transported to all events where the ambient temp falls bellow 15deg C

If we get into proper tyre war we will all be sitting waiting with thermometers 5 min before the run waiting to fit what we think the appropriate tyre will be for that particular run *rolleyes*

The winners were as follws:

Class 1 - Paul Boston

Class 2 - Matt Jenkins

Class 3 - TM

Class 4 - Mike Sankey

Class 5 - Darren Luke

Darren broke the class 5 record and set FTD

Lynn broke the ladies percentage record with a score of 97.2% (or thereabouts) with a time of 60.05 seconds. I am sure she will soon be in the 59's (seconds not years 😳)

Class 3 want TM to return to class 5 however, class 5 do not want him back *tongue*

Ray

Yes they are going very cheap - although I am thinking of taking out a pattent for them as a padock parking aid as when fitted you dont have to worry about the car rolling about.

The rears also look a tad the wose for wear now - so i may have to resort to consulting (at some length) with a tyre guru - Mr Bowler I presume.

PS anybody got some wide front wings?

Nick

Well done Matt, Graham & Paul.......but we do need to do something about the young upstart?? Perhaps like horse racing after three wins you have a weight penalty 😬 😬

Oh well I'd better get on with the spannering....these De Dions are quite heavy, I wonder if saving some weight would help???? *biggrin* *biggrin*

Roger7C

• Area Representative

I think was the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Dakota, anyone see it?

Yes, I saw it. I thoght it was a Dakota *smile*

It flew west to east, south of Curborough.

Congratulations to Paul Boston on his hard earned class 1 win and thanks for the loan of the petrol. Thank you also to Nigel Fox for the loan of gloves. First experience of dual drive and would like to say many thanks to all fellow club competitors, officials, marshals and scrutineers (even though they confiscated my son Chris' helmet for the day), for their help. Many problems throughout the day but, for Chris' 1st meeting, a success!!! Looking forward to future events.

Alan Johnson