Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side repeater indicators

Doug

I know this is an old chestnut but I'm about to replace my front wings on my Seven, which doesn't currently have side repeaters. I'm not a fan of the standard Caterham items because they look like an after thought. I'm not wild about drilling my headlamp pods either, so what are the alternatives.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

The car's 1996 vintage.

It's such a bore at MOT time to find the repeaters, wire them in, trap them between the bonnet and the body then remove them afterwards.

There's no question that the car looks better without them but, in modern traffic, we are more vulnerable than other cars and I realise, reluctantly, that maybe they are a worthy safety feature.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Edited by - Doug on 8 Dec 2010 13:26:51

Worth a look are these:

soft plastic, 3M VHB tape backed could be made to conform to the wing. I've got a pair that I'll probably switch out to at some point. I've heat moulded them to a more suitable profile.

or

Linear version. Also probably conformable to follow the curve of the wing.

Remember to get an electronic flasher if you go LED

Martyn

R300GRR

Me neither, 2003 car, repeaters removed when wings replaced at about 4 months old. Never had a problem at MOT. But in the refurb this winter I'll be fitting some for safety reasons but not to the wings, either headlamp bulbs or stuck on the side of the car somewhere. Why can't someone make a nice set of carbon mirrors with repeaters in?

I like the idea of repeaters on the mirrors. Might have to give that some thought. The repeaters wouldn't need to be big and I imagine LEDs would be simplest to use.