Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scissor lift

Boris

I'm looking for a scissor lift for my SV.

worried about getting the car on due to low ground clearance

Does anybody have any experience with these?

Seen a number on the net but the closed height seems to be a well guarded secret.

K7 PKT

Objects in the rear view mirror...... should just drive faster

Hi Boris, I have one of these. It's absolutely fantastic.

I was put onto this particular model by Martyn/Rattie on this forum. See this thread for some discussion between me, Rattie and Garth amongst others about scissor lifts. Garth bought one as well after seeing Rattie's set up in action.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Boris

Just bear in mind that I had to build a wooden sled/bearer (to Rattie's design, which he kindly supplied me in Sketchup format) to pick up the chassis points.

Also, the car won't clear the lift, so you'll have to come up with some sort of raising the car (or sinking the lift). I made 2 timber ramps to drive the car up on to give the necessary clearance. Bit fiddly but works ok

Cheers

Mark

Hi Boris,

Mark's right you do need to create cleance. There's nothing that will fit under a Caterham then lift it. If you need that you'd have to go for a two post lift.

I've got two rows of concrete blocks for the car to run on and a pair of short wooken ramps to get onto them. The blocks are 10 x 21 x 44cm "lightweight" solid blocks, which I've dry laid flat, to take either the car or the Minno Max trailer without having to shift them about.

I made the sled that Mark mentioned for the initial build, but now I just use the arms and pads that cam with the lift, to jack at the outer rear corners of the lowered floor and on the chassis rails just next to the engine mounts. The lowered floors are good and strong, that's what CC Mids use to jack on their two poster.

Martyn

R300GRR

Sorry for the thread hijack, but Rattie, did you have to modify the lift at all to get the front arms to pick up the chassis rails? I've not tried yet, but when I mock up the arms, they look to come out too wide to touch the chassis rails. As you'll know the stubby posts welded onto the bed of the lift limit the swing of the arms.

Cheers for any info

Mark

Hi Boris

The lift was great for the build - just make sure you put the chassis on the correct way - I had to spend a day with help taking the half built car off and spinning it through 180 deg as the engine hoist would not go under one end of the hoist! You would be welcome to borrow mine if you do not want to keep one long term, but they are soooo heavy to move around that it may not be sensible to collect and have to drop off again! Good luck

Garth

atlast