Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New headlamp brackets

billyboanerges

*arrowup* some pics on my build photos linked below.

The bracket is definatly not welded on and were simple to fit - although I had to dremmel down a bit of protruding weld on the wishbone mount to get them to fit properly.

Strangely enough my car still has the chasis fastenings for the old style brackets, complete with grub screws *confused*, but no opening in the nosecone.

Mark

PS the cables do fit through the braket - something I didn't rearlise at first, now fixed.

Roadsport 125 SV build started

Photos on flickr

Build Diary

Peter

Just about to fit the passenger side cycle wing (letting big head adhesive dry + need to extend indicator repeater earth since I didn't like the factory position) and a bit of tidying up (ie SVA covers) and then it will be waiting for the SVA appointment.

Hoping its ready for christmas, in other words just in time for the snow *eek* 😬

Mark

Photos on flickr

Build Diary

Didn't bother with the repeaters, borrowed some from CC for the test. Bought some tiny LEDs for the headlamp bowls at the NEC Classic Car show, another winter job. Just on with the front mudguards. Even though CC sent me an "up to date" test list they managed to find three hours of work to get it through, although this included the front wings and repeaters. Good luck

www.peters7.co.uk

I may be in a minority of one here but I quite like the look of the repeaters on the cyclewings - but not in the standard position (hence lengthening the earth wire). I'm putting mine centrally above the wheel, horizontal to the ground as can be seen here. Only possible objection I can see is that the extended wire may be considered a hazzard as it could (but won't) drop down to foul the wheel - not sure if the SVA inspectors would bend down to check.

Mark

Photos on flickr

Build Diary

Some photos of my frojnt wing attachment now on flickr.

Tony I've had a look the IVA requirements but can't see anything that would lead to the forward position of the repeaters. If worst comes to the worst I can always ask CC midlands to cut the cable ties and use a spare set for the IVA.

Photos on flickr

Build Diary

I started the process of replacing the original two point mounts with these yesterday, spending most of my time fettling a slot in each C/F indicator cone to take the mount tube, but then stalled as I realised I needed to drop the ARB out of the way to get the bolts out. Need to work out the best way to do that, which I suspect will be easier once I can get the car back on the lift.

Martyn

R300GRR

• 5 months later...

Quoting billyboanerges: 
Mark, I'm really unsure of the accuracy of this info but - I vaguely remember someone telling me that the forward positioning of the repeaters is for IVA requirements. As I say, not sure but worth checking. Tony

Since my car has now passed its IVA with my more cental repeater positions I don't think this is the case.

Mark