Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Project YOB the BIG KAHUNA

Racing Snake

i have to blame the ballast, 2 in the passenger seat, sorry Sam, plus the heavy pink leathers, it wasn't flat floored for the extra weight. *redface*

nothing to do with the fact that i can't drive. *eek*

CR500's that needed to be changed at least 2k earlier, is another excuse.

If you need any more reason's then i have a list as long as the reciept's for your new engine and gearbox, only the total expense is somewhat cheaper for a set of new tyres than your's 😬

my R400

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last version always took an age to get to temp

So the laminova is to get it over 60 degrees asap and peg the oil temp to the water

I have a Radtec extreme radiator with an 11" spal fan so that should be ok

From what i read the modine example restricts the oil flow too much for my spec of engine

I am running Mobil 1 10-40w

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

Cosworth ran the Modine on Duratecs up to ~300 bhp in Formula Atlantic without issues, and still use them on all of the Duratec engines advertised for sale in their current catalogue. *confused*

It seems you really want to use a Laminova instead of a Modine, which is fine, but I have never heard of any issues with the Modine. And because Cosworth has been using them on their high-output Duratecs in both road and race applications for a good four-plus years, and still do, I am curious to read of any issues. Source? *wavey*

*smile* Sean

All the CSR uses is the Modine heat exchange and no oil rad. My old boys 285bhp Cosworth Duratec only has the Modine too.

Mines getting a Laminova because it will get the oil up to temp quicker and keep the oil and water at roughly the same temp. From my understanding, as long as you have a radiator big enough to cool the oil and water then all is well. Also theres no chance of over cooling the oil with a Lam. Used one on my Busa install and it was awesome.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 9 Nov 2010 16:42:59

Bang on *arrowup* Jason

After talking with Matt at Think Automotive you can never fit an oversized Laminova, the only side effect will be even quicker oil temp rise *thumbup* so i went for the largest one

And it using a good radiator like the Radtec extreme there will be no issues

Infact the other major plus is very stable oil and water temps

Jason give me a call when you get a min

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

Edited by - Mad Hatter on 9 Nov 2010 18:52:15

I've got my sensor tee'd into the bottom tank outlet, but half way up the reserve tank is just as good. If it's the Pace easiclean tank your going for, you need to specify the female union when ordering 😶‍🌫️

Want to rent an 18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset?

Well............. I haven't been bored sh**less for a few days, with an update of the latest "shiny bolt"being fitted 😬

So what's the story? Is it all going horribly wrong? Has the dodgy French gearbox crapped out already, before turning a cog *eek* Has John "the pit" got fed up, and chucked you out, coz he want's his garage back? Or have you actually had to go and do some "normal work", which has proved a major inconvenience *biggrin*

Nigel.

C7 FST....Powered by DVA

A Wolf in Clams Clothing!