Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Black se7en 1.8 K - 224bhp - K88 RUM

Steve Day

Now, here’s a nice car for someone! here *wink*

How do I know? Well, it used to be mine… if only I had the garage space I would buy it back! *tongue*

If you are looking for a se7en that is a good car for fast road use and brilliant on track this could be the one! *thumbup*

I invested a lot of time and effort in the car and Adrian has continued to improve it!

(Notice I said ‘it’ and not ‘her’ as this would be too personal and tug on the heart strings too much!) ...it might even suggest that I have an attachment to the old girl (argghhh!!!) 🥰

Cheers Steve

Jingars:

Please stipulate a price or at least a guide price, for the items you are selling.

That is from the guidelines, and many adverts have been lacking this information recently.

Edited by - mav on 13 Jan 2010 15:11:25

Tony, same for me. It looks like there might be an issue with the ad on Pistonheads as the car in question is listed on the Caterhams for Sale page ('Caterham 7 "K Series" (1997)', currently 7th ad down on the first page) but if you click on it from there then you still cannot display it - you are sent back to the list again.

** NOW SOLD - cheers**

Hi Chaps - as this is no longer my car ☹️ then it's not really my responsibility to answer the questions, but I don't think Adrian the owner will mind me answering stuff if I can.

The car was originally Barry Hunt's Academy car - and he ran it in the Lotus7 club and Midland championships with a strong X-Flow fitted. I bought the rolling chassis (less engine) and fitted a K-Series (well Cougar Engineering / Nigel Keats fitted it to be accurate). *tongue*

Both Barry and then I were keen to ensure that the car was still usable on the road as we regularly drove it to and from events (there's nothing like turnning up to a sprint with squashed flies on your teeth to get the adrenalin going!).

The car is a live axle, long cockpit chassis (so not a Roadsport) - hence under dash handbrake and this possibly also answers Dave J's question? (I doubt it has a broken engine mount to be honest).

If you have any other questions you ought to ring Adrian - as he's got most of the info!

Hope this helps, Cheers Steve

Edited by - Steve Day on 2 Feb 2010 17:31:34