Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack dash. scuttle bar to be cut?

The Pikey

Hi Jason,

That was certainly the case with the '99 DeDion chassis that I retrofitted mine into.

It was a swine to do. I ended up using a mini angle grinder, which made short work of it but it wasn't the neatest job I've ever done. I've heard some people have welded their tube up after cutting the segment out. I didn't, but it would make for a neater finish.

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Jason: On later chassis (I guess after Stacks started getting used) the upper dash hoop is pressed and a dent made on the bottom so the Stack will fit in easily, though non-pressed tube cars also seem to have Stacks so I don't understand the situation here *confused* Maybe the dash size is different on different evolutions of chassis or maybe everyone just hacks the tubes about ?

One thing I was thinking of doing to get Busa clocks in was lowering the bush the upper column goes through - it only needs to go down half an inch or so. I reckon if this tube, or just the bush, was moved down, you could squeeze the Busa clocks in and the steering column would still fit through the holes it needs to. In the end, I didn't bother as I need more gauges anyway so the Busa clocks I used were only temporary. Obviously, there are knock on issues with getting dash blanks to fit, but a dash blank isn't the most tricky of things to make out of ally sheet.

Oh right . . . . so everyone just hacks out chunks of chassis to get some gauges to fit then *tongue*

In that case . . . Jason - do you reckon that if you cut about 8" of top tube out, you may be able to get the Busa clocks in? I'd think about taking the clock case apart and sandwiching the dash blank to give a bit more space behind the wheel.

Adam

I intend to get a Carbon dash with no cut outs but I would like the outer shape done if posserble and fit the busa clocks. I will contact Rif about this. I think with some neat "hacking" I have a 50/50 chance of getting it to fit.

If not its a digidash or something like that.. any ideas on that one?

Jason

Currently, I am qualified to plead ignorance.

Jason: You can cut the carbon dash yourself very easily - chin drill and dremel is my preferred technique. Probably easier doing it yourself as well rather than getting RIF to do it.

Dunno about clocks . . . digidash looks cheap IMO but it is cheap though. Everyone seems to be very happy with them as well so probably a sensible option *thumbup* if you can't get the Busa clocks to fit.