Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FIA Rollover Bar + Hood

I.Mupferit

Do you lot who gone about never using the hood, never go out when it's raining. I know you can drive along at 70 and stay dry. I know you can with stand getting a little wet. But the other day, I was out and the foot wells started to fill up. Now I elected to put the hood up at this time...does this make me wimp question.gif

Besides, I like driving with the hood up. It feels like you are in a tent.

If you guys debating about whether or not to use a hood that means you still have the airbrake (sorry windscreen) attached.

Come on guys, switch to aeroscreens and then you have no option!

(A helmet does come in handy though)

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

Nope, no heater but your idea about the wine sounds good. How about offering that to Low Flying in 'Technical Tips'. On second thoughts how do you stop the bag and boot cover sagging under the weight? Oh I know drink the wine of course, how stupid of me.

I just want you guys to know that you have shamed me into getting rid of my totally unused heater on my windscreened (executive model) R500. This is of course now for sale!

On a more serious note I did it because I was fed up with the oil catch tank being under the nose-cone, and not being in the least bit accessable.

Instead, I have installed two catch tanks (linked together) each of which is double the capacity of the original. This means that after every track session I can top up the oil in the knowledge that any excess will simply be "spewed" out.

How did you all do at Spa?

I thought I did well at 2mins 52 secs, but Richard Ince did some regular 2mins 44's (on slicks mind you!).What an awesome circuit!

Jules

Having just come back from Le Sept, and seen the state of the cars that did not have hoods, I will happily wimp out and put the hood up when a thunder storm breaks. On Le Sept, we were hit twice by serious rain, and was I glad to have a hood, and be able to put it up ASAP. In the wet at Spa, we were going round in just over 4 mins. But there were rivers of water causing aqua planing in several parts.

Andrew dent

Mike - it would depend what you had in mind - if its what I had in mind then, yes she probably would, until she got to know you a lot better, which obviously she would if you got to do what I've got in mind...I'll stop before I get into real trouble...

Heaters should never be fitted to Sevens, waste of weight & space.

Hoods get thrown out along with that big girlie type air brake windscreen thingie...cool.gif

I dunno if any of you lot were out on the M3 yesterday afternoon, but I was & I had my hood up & I am bloody glad I did, I know all the arguements about keeping dry if you keep your foot down, but in a cloud burst it's tricky, especially when all the cars in front hit their brakes because they can't see (evernoticed how easily caterhams slide about in 3inches of water). Call me a wimp if you like, but I am staying with my windscreen & I am tempted to always leave the hood in the boot (except for booze cruises of course).

Geoff