Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Ticking sound - Winky called from Eire needing help - Update

old captain slow

• Area Representative

Bad news...if it's ticking when hot, and at double speed to the engine then the camshaft followers are more than likely worn/wearing out. Not an uncommon thing. IF IT IS THE FOLLOWERS and you have to get work done go to SOLIDS instead of HYDRAULIC ONES. My opinion, your decision. Cheers

Geoff Brown

Drive it home at reduced revs mine ticked for 3 months and when i sent it back to DVA it had to have all seats replaaced theyd moved in head [Dva originally diagnosed inner valve spring broken due to missed gaer change [quite common apparently] then when he got the head he rang me with the bad news [to my pocket]

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

• 3 weeks later...

My duratec has been ticking lately.....and I've just done 3000 miles *eek*

Anyway I've tried exhaust gasket, belts etc, had a loose spark plug, tightened that but it is still ticking.....we are on solid followers so its not that either.

Performance has been unaffected so I have driven on........car is now going into garage for the winter so we will pull the engine and try to diagnose the problem.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

This noise was rather understated as being a "tick". It was more of a machine gun rattle really. *eek* Our other Cat has had a noisy follower for the last 20k miles and it ticks but gets no worse. The machine gun rattle developed over a distance of about 2 miles and definitely said you should really stop driving me now please. 😬

C7 CDW