Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV Fuel tank capacity

dickbowyer

What is the SV tank capacity? When the gauge reads empty and when I fill it up to the brim it takes about £25 worth or about 25L. Manual says it should be 41.39L. Is the fuel gauge that wrong or is it a smaller tank. Is it the same for you Pat the Plumber?

Dick

100 dB Superlight SV Duratec R400

I'm never convinced that the gauge is accurate at the bottom.

I just filled mine up this afternoon with the needle at the bottom of the red, and only got 29.86 litres in - either the tank isn't as big as they say it is, or you have got another 10+ litres after the bottom of the red (I've never run it dry to find out *eek*

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

Dick

If you are concerned about the accuracy of the gauge you can take the sender unit out of the tank and "adjust it" - (ie bend the arm.)

You will probably find that you can set it so that its accurate when empty or full, but not both.

Malcolm

My experience is the same as yours. My SV takes approx 25l to fill when the guage indicates "empty". One day I will dip the tank to see what is left, or trust to luck - wave as you pass me, out of fuel, at the roadside *wavey*

I think the most I've ever got into my SV is 30 ltrs. THat was with the gauge on pretty much empty. So there is probably a fair bit left at that point.

HOWEVER.... I have suffred from fuel starvation around the long FAST right hander at the back of the new angelsey circuit. That was with the gauge reading just below the last white mark when static.....

When I filled my tank after the kit build it took 40 litres from empty. I too can only get about 25 litres in when the gauge reaches the red, so the gauge is pessimistic at the low end.

BRG Brooklands SV 2.0L Ammo Duratec 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

You are not alone!!

I have the same thing, gauge is on Red and I put in 25l. I have got 30l max in before once.

Sub 1000 miles on the clock I could get 350 miles from a tank (like on the run to Le Mans the first year) but lately only 250 miles out of a tank.

Seems a common issue! Shall we all go for a red-line blat and see what happens?

Richard,

i'm afraid that i've only got the std chassis, not the SV. mine has the stack dash too, i have had the guage reading 0 litres though *confused*, when cornering, only to go back up to 2/3 litres.

when reading low i can only get £27/28 of fuel, but dont know how much the tank holds.

Am managing to get a few more miles of the tank now, roughly 150ish a tank. *thumbup*

how's the new exhaust. 🤔

Duratec is the way forward!!

Hi Pat

i'm afraid that i've only got the std chassis, not the SV. mine has the stack dash too, i have had the guage reading 0 litres though confused smiley, when cornering, only to go back up to 2/3 litres.

when reading low i can only get £27/28 of fuel, but don't know how much the tank holds.

Am managing to get a few more miles of the tank now, roughly 150ish a tank.

Exactly ditto except I have a fuel guage, not stack dash and it is supposed to be a SV with bigger tank *confused*. Seems to go from half full to empty in about 10 miles. What I want is a gauge to tell me when it really is nearly empty. I can tell when I have just filled it up! *rolleyes*

7" race silencer has quietened it down to 100 dB. Suspect will need to invest in packable Raceco silencer if I want to get below this. Roll on Xmas.

Dick

100 dB Superlight SV Duratec R400

I've had 42 litres into my tank. Pushed it the last few yards.

I use the trip milometer as it's a much better gauge of fuel level for me. Refuel as I approach my average tank consumption of 250 miles, or around 210 if I've been pushing it.

My ... Preciousss!

Trip meter read 245m, needle half way down the red 'reserve' section. Nervous driver.

Only got 31 litres in, so still 10 litres left in the tank.

Need to gamble more !!

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. new link to photos

I too got fed up with the Fuel guage, and fixed as below.

Removed the Sender from the tank, and noted that the arc of travel for the float did not permit the float to be able to rest on the bottom of the tank and rise to the top of the tank before it hit one of the end stops.

Clearly just bending the arm will mean that you can get a reasonably accurate indication of either a full or emplty tank but not both.

To fix this you either need to increase the arc of rotation or increase the length of the support arm

Since you cannot change this arc of rotation, I increased the radius - ie the length of the metal arm that supports the float.

All a bit of a faff, but effective.

Malcolm

Agree with that - I filled mine to the top last week, and must have lost a load on a high speed left hander (a few days later) from the sudden smell of V-Power !! Sorry Sevenoaks !!

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. new link to photos