Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Anthony, Roger & Arnie re airboxes

Paul Gibb

Anthony, I guess that is your car pictured on the Reverie website with their airbox & ducting fitted. I need to pick your brains about this set up (any db measurements pre & post? was the engine dynoed with the airbox fitted?) and also to ask whether or not you attempted to fit Arnies DITP airbox to the Swindon cf trumpets & roller barrel.

Roger, any pics & info on your new airbox setup much appreciated. Has it reduced the db?

Arnie, can you still spot right hand corners with your own DITP 'outboard' box fitted? Will it fit the Swindon induction & any info on db reduction?

Regards,

Paul

L7 FUN

Paul, so sorry for the delay in replying.

My induction is identical to L7FUN, and sadly the DITP air box wont work, as it will neatly hit the front cycle wing.

You are quite correct that the air box is from Reverie and Simon made a nice job of adapting standard components to install the kit.

If you can remind me of your mail, I will send over the piccys

The DITP airbox will work a treat with straight induction ( Eric has my straight induction trumpets at Swindon if you would like to try an alternative solution).

This would be a cheaper solution than going down the Reverie route...trust me 😬

dB reduction will need to wait for Bedford shakedown on 19th March.

Anthony

Car is nearly ready, but I have be saying that for at least a year :-)

Chaps, its finished.

Its sitting in a dehumidified garage polished and with trickle charger, and worryingly finished ( two minor items setting the new shift lights and sorting speedo calibration

Borrowing trailer and prayer book for the 19th. How much can fall off in an after noon ??

Anyway, about the next round of upgrades...

Alex, the Reverie solution should work with straight trumpets but may stick out further, and be tricky to get air box intake back under the nosecone, mine was installed with millimetres to spare. I am sure Simon and Matt can work out a solution, mine involved scratch heads for a morning and then getting stuck in.

Let me have your e-mail again (sorry new laptop and lost a lot contacts ) and I will send over pics.

Paul, sorry but its not the suspension it hits but the front cycle wing. Should work a treat with straight trumpets, as K2RUM.

Alex, I left mine at Reverie for a week ( it also had under tray fitted ).

Worthwhile taking some protection as the space is limited and the car ended up in their workshop which can be a busy place.