Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA Results

Mark Durrant

For those who did not make it here are the results including the maximum speeds recorded.

Class 1

Matthew Jenkins 54.45 (98)

John Christie 56.10 (101)

Gordon Hodgkinson 57.50 (97)

Class 2

Andy Nicholls 53.67 (102)

Roger Cumming 54.37 (103)

Richard Price 54.43 (106)

Class 3

Dave McFarlane 50.83 (109)

Dave Jackson 50.89 (104)

Adrian Williams 51.07 (106)

Class 4

Mark Durrant 51.75 (115)

Richard Anderson 51.89 (112)

Ken Evans 52.15 (113)

Class 5

Andrew Griffiths 48.38 (119)

Simon Rogers 48.90 (117)

Darren Luke 49.64 (118)

Class 6

Jeremy Clarke 46.72 (121)

Simon Harland 49.50 (114)

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark

Good to see you had a lie in this morning.

Thank you for organising a good day at MIRA. It ran smoothly, quickly and with good services (and the secretary for the day was better looking than you).

Made a really good day for all competitors.

Ian

Thank's Mark, if only all events could run as quickly & smoothly as that one *thumbup* *thumbup*

Well done to Fiona for winning the battle of the class 5 wife's after Rach outbraked herself on the last run 😬, £20 cheque on the way to NTL as promised (when back from hol's)

A great day, good organisation and a grippy track, those looong bends to play with *cool*

The look on Mikes face as Kate matched his time through the speed trap was brilliant 😬 not sure if he was more proud dad or worried for his car being bounced off the limiter *eek*

See you all at Wiscombe hopefully

Martin

Quite right Martin - I don't know either *confused* *confused*

Most impressed that she managed to match the speed as it means she had to be pushing as she was coming out of the first left hander before you actually see the straight bit. More impressive still is that she cut her times from a 71 sec on the first practice down to 57. something on the last timed - only 3 sec behind me - gulp *eek* *eek*

I had better start taking some lessons from Andy 😬 😬

As you say though, I was a bit concerned by the casual delivery of the information about hitting the rev limiter - that's my car!!

Really pleased for her though - she was very chuffed 😬 😬

Thanks to Mark and obviously the really important people who volunteered to help run the day. Much appreciated.

Mike

Mike

I was very impressed with the progress the Kate made during the day and I think it shows that she just needs more time in the car *wink* at which point I think she will be a match for the 'old man' *tongue*.

Has Kate entered Curborough *confused* and if so are you doing the marshalls sprint on the Saturdaty as I think that similar progress will be made with back to back days in the car *thumbup*

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the day and to be honest it was a relief when it was all over.

Ian

No lie in for me on Sunday as I was out early making plans for next season *wink*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Blimey!

Well done Andy! Getting very very close to the class record there!! He's definately on fire this year! 😬>

Great to see Roger pushing again!!

And...Kate sankey.....good lord Mike......we need a special button limiting horsepower fitting methinks!!

Well done to all, some stunning times there!

Dannyboy *tongue*

What a great day! The turnaround was so quick that it caught some competitors off guard, mentioning no names Mr Hodgkinson... 😬 Class 1 seemed to have all kinds of incidents involving cones, grass and stones. Was it me or was the course faster than last year? The exit of the coned-off left hander seemed to be much wider allowing much more speed to be carried through, one could skim those black marker thingies on the right whereas before there was a row of cones well before them?!

Some great times up, fantastic drive from Mrs. K and as to Kate...well ..scary! I was pleased to get a couple of runs where things actually went just as I wanted them to go, not sure the poor car was up to much more! Now wheres those stunners and aeroscreen? 😬

yes - I also thought the complex was a little more open this year - but I doubt it made much difference . I went around all the complex and down the back straight in 5th and was only 6/100's slower 😬 . The only difference between 5th and 3rd is that 3rd is a little noisier 😬 😬 😬 *tongue* *cool*

I am currently developing the radio controlled remote rev limiter - so if I see Kate going too fast - that's it 😬

Mark - I am not sure we will be doing the Marshall's sprint as well - she gets back from holiday (whatever that is) on the Thursday I think, and wants more than a day to recover apparently - I might suggest it again though.

Do you think I will improve as much, or will it just be a good opportunity for me to get the car setup right for her? Aarghhhh - it MY car damit!!!

Mike

That's the last time i give her encouragement Mike!!! 😬 😬

Think the words at Lotonfrom you, me, Neil and Andy may well have been taken to heart and acted upon...we will have to explain the perils of driving too fast next time 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

Yep great day.

Fiona went through that frustrating patch where she didn't really know how to go faster. I sort of explained that she had to grit her teeth and put her foot down harder 😬

It didn't really work in the afternoon until the last run when she knew she just had to do it.

Pressure and all that.

If it hadn't been for Kates 102 mph and her stunning last run (I'm well impressed Kate - particullarly given the power difference) Fiona would have taken fastest lady on the last run of the day. Again coming from somewhere around 70 sec down to 58 .49 ish but with onlt 92mph *confused*

She was no where near as confident with the track as she was at pembrey but still within 10 sec of me 😳

As far as my own runs are concerened the mornings data logging showed that I was within 2 mph at the apex of Tower on each run but I felt this is where the time was to be made. I tried this on the first run of the afternoon. 10mph apex extra didn't seem to work *eek* well so I was told by those viewing. Only half a second down on the lap though.

As for track pace I thought it dropped off in the afternoon as it got hotter. I m convinced of this after my last run as I was on the power much earlier but still only 116 through the trap compared to 117 in the morning. Last year did 118 and 119 all day with 20 bhp less. *confused*

Anyway Fiona is well and trully hooked *thumbup*

Simon - I didn't appreciate Fiona had achieved that time in the last run - excellent!!

Jeez... if they'd stuck to two timed runs like normal - the glory would've been MINE!! *tongue*

😬 😬

I'd practically bitten my tongue in two for my 58 - yet it still wasn't enough godammit!!!

I hope Fiona (and you) will be competing at Curborough / Harewood??!!

Lynda

*cool*

Edited by - WindyCat on 7 Aug 2006 16:41:34

Gutted ☹️ 😬 I spend a wad of dosh on the head mods plus rolling road session plus a 4.1 diff and I'm a tenth faster at MIRA than last year. There must be some element of finesse (if there is such a thing at MIRA) I've forgotten about!!

Have the Stunners gorn orf, is the extra year taking its toll on me, should I be spending more time in the garden now? *confused* *smile*

Well done Mark and Richard though!!! *thumbup*

Ken

Thanks Ken! ....but, one swallow does not make a summer....

Is this the same man that has regularly shown us young wippersnappers a clean pair of heals? ;-)

I think it's still going to b a while before I can regularly get near your times....especially up the hills.

Also, I reckon good dampers make a bigger difference than engine output...my car felt a lot better after I went from a setup like yours to the AVOs. You are welcome to have a (dual) drive of my car at Curborough if you want to do a comparision.

I don't think you're ready for the potting shed just yet! ....though with Mr Sankey raising his game these days you may be ready for membership of the SAGA sevens! ;-)

Until the next battle...

Rich.

Also, many thanks to Mark for organising the day and taking away my richly deserved 1st place! :-P

Edited by - Richard Anderson on 7 Aug 2006 18:45:17

Ken

If we were all like Brodie and churned out our best every run it would all become very predictable and you should feel pleased that even if you were not at your very best you still posted a very competitive time *thumbup*

Now I have found out what was making my car handle so badly I hope to be able to get closer to your times and I look forward to some close competition at future events.

As for suggesting that you should join the 'Saga Se7ens' I dont think I will go there 😬 *tongue* *eek*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark

( As for suggesting that you should join the 'Saga Se7ens' I dont think I will go there )

You didn't seem to have a problem suggesting i might be a candidate for the 'Saga Se7ens'

at Loton *tongue*

There is still life in this old silver fox. Improved 4 seconds on my previous best at Mira, really enjoyed the day am suffering badly from upgrade-itus, can't wait to sell my car to make way for something a little bit quicker.

Must go need to put new rubbers on my zimmer frame before nurse turns the lights out *smile*

robin *confused*..................( I think thats my name)

Yellow and Carbon cycle wings dodging the horses in the New Forest