Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yamaham Finished

Ferrino

Finally finished the Yamaham last week and passed it's MOT - just waiting for V5 to come back so that I can tax it and put some miles on the clock. Well chuffed. It has been a brilliant project and well worth it. Too many people to thank for helping me get through it (all 2 years), but some of the stars were (in no order): Dave & Pete Cherry (for lending me half their tools, welding and general mechanical help), Bruce @ Arch for the superb chassis restoration & mods, Tony @ TSK for the excellent paintjob and bringing the chassis back to HQ, Phil @ R&R for the diff build, Keith @ Kliktronic for several jobs FOC, Ian @ STM for making a lovely engine cradle at a sensible price (I will never forget the brutality with which he attacked my chassis with a hacksaw!), Richard Miles & 'Coose' for continuous putting-an-R1-in-a-car help, 'Robster' for help with the axle mod, the guys at our machine shop for helping me make so many bespoke parts from my crappy drawings (including the beautiful carb bellmouths and paddle mech), everyone on BC..........and many others.....................

Some photos HERE.

First appointment is to get the suspension & wheel alignment set up..........

Thanks guys *biggrin*

Martin - will let you know as soon as I get the wheels aligned and the corner weights & rake corrected - my garage and drive floor are about as straight as dale winton and they are all badly out, so I'm taking it to a setup place ASAP (hopefully Roger Heavens Racing) - will let you know the weight too. From the brief trip to the MOT station I can say that it sounds mental though and I'm gonna need ear plugs ASAP!

Simon - well spotted - yes I will eventually be moving back to Wilts at some point this year and next year I am upping sticks to California (with the 7)!

Cheers *wink*

BBL - yep I'm aware of the California club and have been chatting to Brad - will probably make an appearance on the forum real soon *thumbup* Are you over there?

Rob - the dash is the Mychron 3 Gold Auto (some info here). It's a great little unit for the money - does logging and very configurable etc... oh yeah forgot to mention you in my acknowledgements - for getting my Quaife ATB to Phil @ R&R - ta!!! I can hopefully tell you the weight next week.....

Yes, I'm in California (Northern). I go by 'Sean-og' on the CalCatClub forums, simply because that's what I was registered as on BC, before the membership thing. I look forward to seeing your car here in the next yaer or so.

Cheers.

- Sean

Looks stunning - well done. I remember you posting pictures of the dash earlier in the year - beautiful simplicity *thumbup*

A quick write up and a few pictures for Low Flying would be great - doesn't need to be a huge essay, but it is a very neat and unique car *thumbup*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

94,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Nah they're 205s on the back (got some Pileup-class 185s for hooning!).

Sean - cannot wait to come over to California (I'm gonna be in San Diego) - Brad sent me a link to the Pashnit website and the roads and scenery look absolutely stunning!

SLR - the CX-Rs do look great don't they!

Right, gotta learn how to drive the thing now *tongue*

A friend of mine built an R1 engined Dax with (mechanical) paddle gear shift. He took me out for a spin and it was absolutley fantastic. The thing that got me was the induction roar under accelleration and the pops and bangs from the exhaust on the overun - they simply sound fantastic.

Nice job Tony *thumbup*

Superlight no 46

12,000 areroscreen'd miles in 18 months