Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Westie vs Caterham

Jason Plato

Looking forward to it *tongue*

If it's anything like the Midland Hillclimb Championships where Westfields and Caterhams compete directly, then expect to be coming third, maybe... 😳 *tongue* 😬

And you might want to check some of the road going class records too. A certain A. Mason will crop up rather a lot, and he's a Westfield driver 😬 😬 😬

Coming 3rd behind the Caterham of Ken Evans and the Westfield of Ash Mason you mean *tongue*

Ken holds the gong for quickest time up Loton this year I think (56.59)?

Has anyone broken the long-standing Prescott record (46.9) jointly held by Trevor Willis (Westfield!) and Scott Moran (Caterham!) yet?

Who holds sway at Shelsley? They don't appear to publish results/records on their site. Digging around shows that both Ken and Ash have been in the 32.7s this year.

Who's for clubbing together to buy Ken that extra 200cc 😬

Should be fun!

Mike

Sadly, I think it's likely that neither Ash nor I will be at Pembrey and Wiscombe because Shelsley Walsh is on both those dates. I think Ash, having tasted the close competition, is going to be quite keen to compete in the Midland Hillclimb Championship this year.

Ash has got the Shelsley record at 32.2 something I think and yes my Loton class record was 56.59 Mike *smile*. (albeit the Nat B record - but I'll get the Nat A next year *wink* )

Both Prescott and Shelsley are power hills and there's no doubt that, being slightly lardy, a Westfield is well balanced and very competitive with a 250+ bhp 2.0Vx engine *tongue* But the tighter tracks suit the more nimble Caterham.

Griff actually recorded the quickest roadgoing time up Loton in the late 55's - but we both hold our respective class records *smile*

Ken

Edited by - KenEvans on 20 Dec 2005 23:38:30

Hi - Mike it would be great to see you back at some of the Midland Hills *smile*

IIRC the Prescott record is 46.90 (Trevor W and Scott Moran)

It will be beaten in 2006 (if dry) based on the 2005 highlights

Dave Uren (Westie) did 46.95 *thumbup*

Dave Wilson - Caterham - did 47.07

I did 47.31

Ash M - 47.35

Cheers

Steve