Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Airflow battery conditioner.

shn7

Got mine here in April 2003.

39.95 plus

10.90 for hardwiring plug and socket

Airflow IMHO is top-of-the-line.

You can leave it connected for extended periods, but personally I switch it off when nobody is home - just to be on the safe side.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

There are a number of these on the market which all do a similar job. Differences are in the details. Mine, a Carcoon item which works very well (original Banner battery lasted 5 yrs incl one complete 'flattening') has very neat leads c/w small socket permanently connected to the battery. To connect I just lift the bonnet near the battery and the connector is easily plugged into the socket which lies just by the battery. V quick and easy. The Carcoon item also has a neat bracket to mount it conveniently on the wall or where ever. All in all - great bit of kit.

Cheers

Ezzer

Airflow *thumbup* plug it in and forget it all over winter

Only problem was it covered up a problem with my alternator, short distance work was fine with no evidence of alternator failure, but I had a dead battery after driving 100 miles. Not the Airflow fault of course.

Get one, it's cheaper than getting new batteries each year.

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

I have the Airflow model. Used or around two years now. If the car is not on the road it is on charger. Battery is original Banner on 1997 supersport. Battery tested by Banner importers (Rugeley) several months ago and it showed perfect results on their expensive electronic battery tester gizmo. The guy could not find a reason to sell me a new battery.

Unit is wired direct to battery with connecting lead run through grommet into passenger footwell area.

Regards,

Colin

Draper 's 20 quid one at Halfords does the same job and is effectively identical. Ask Chris K the electrical whiz, he will tell you so. Since he has forgotten more about electronics than the rest of us will ever know, if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. You can spend more if you really want to of course, but you can only justify this on it having more convenient connectors/prettier box - your battery will never know the difference.

The way these things work is to deliver 300mA constantly into the battery. This is enough for most batteries and not enough to damage them by overheating, evaporation of contents etc. Obviiously if you used 2 batteries you'd get 150mA which would prob. be OK for 2 small ones. (Say a bike and a 7 but not a tractor and a combine, sorry Nifty)