Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle Pushrod Suspension

B11MOY

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we forget you Julian ! Your car will have the welded in engine diagonals and we are not too happy with the fit of the rear support arms, ask Richard. Billys were ok as we could fabricate supports suitable for the removable type using our dev car as a pattern, but we are not happy to send them out as they are 'Perfection is only just good enough' Billy Rudd 2003. We are speaking to Arch and should have them ready soon enough. We are based 5 minutes from Brands the kettle is always on and if you time it right there could be some donuts left.

Open invite if any body wants to come down give me or Gary a ring first, as we may be away racing, and you are more than welcome.

While on can I say that the pushrod concept, design and set up is completly Gary's. As you may have noticed Gary has a very laid back approach to life and thats why I answer the postings etc. I have had some input to the project, as with the others we have in the pipeline, but Pushrod is his baby. I intend though to take a bit more credit for the next thing we have up our sleeve.

Hi Len

"I intend though to take a bit more credit for the next thing we have up our sleeve."

Intriguing...............

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Len

The other consideration is that as we take the very heavy dampers and replace them with lighter ones closer to the centre of the car you reduce the yaw inertia. Bit like having a weight on the end of a piece of string and swinging it, the closer you get to the centre and the lighter it is the less inertia there is.

Surely these cancel each other out, as from the radius of any turn you are moving one further away from the centre and one closer. *confused* the weight saving would be welcome anywhere.

they are slightly closer to the centre for yaw inertia as well - I admit its only by a small trigonometric factor though 😬 *wink*

basic principal is best explained with an office chair. spin yourself round on it and then stick your legs out - you'll slow down. pull them in and you speed up. the same momentum is in you and the spinning the chair but if you change the moment of inertia then the speed you rotoate at changes in the other direction to conserve the angular momentum.

even if that doesn't help explain it - its still fun *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

Anyone who has been to the science centre 'Magna' at Rotherham will know that they have a spinning chair their that does exactly what Hoopy advocates and demonstrates the same effect. Made me feel very sick

Well worth a visit by the way. One of the great 'unpromoted' places to go if you are interested in Science from 8 years to adult.

😬 Added bonus *wink*

Just washed and polished the car for the first time. So much easier without the shockabsorbers in the usual place *wink*

Richard in France

At last my bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7 is on the road, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.

Anybody going to Snetterton on Monday 15th with Track Sense?

A chance to see my new fantastic front Pushrod Suspension

Still a few spaces left I think £150

Billy Rudd

Edited by - B11MOY on 10 Sep 2003 00:07:21

Edited by - B11MOY on 10 Sep 2003 08:46:07

Sorry Chris

It works Its me not waiting long enough(No egg timer)

If anybody else is as dim as me on the old puter Click on "here" post 13, page 1, and wait.

Sorry for posting again I made a balls up of the last ref. I have edited so if you tried and nothing happened try again

Billy Rudd