Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator warning beeper

Wingnut

The July issue of Ride magazine has a short review of a device called a turnalert, made by datatool (£39.99). Aparently you get an audible alert after twenty flashes after being static (I believe this count starts after any flashes during braking).

It pretty much gets a thumb down from the biking community, but I reckon it would be worth looking at for the Caterham. I put a buzzer in that went off every time it flashed, this was too embarassing at traffic lights so I took it out, however its also pretty embarassing when I have a senior moment and leave them on for a couple of miles. I am going to investigate the self cancelling indicators I have heard about on here recently, but do quite like this idea.

They dont give a web address but do give a phone number for anyone that may be interested: 01420 541444

Wingnut

Hi Wingnut

Have a look at www.crabtree.tv this may be the answer to your troubles.

Self canceling indicators - in for sale section

Can have buttons mounted on the wheel or with the purchase of a switch can use the existing indicator switch hole.

Regards

MarkC

Wingnut

I designed some steering wheel mounted indicators, which self-cancel after a user preset time. Also if you have to do a left-right manoeuvre for example, switching on the right one automatically cancels the left one. I have my preset cancel time at about 20 secs but it's adjustable up to about 60 secs.

Click on my website below for a photo.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

• 4 years later...

Bought a Datatool TurnAlert on eBay, fitted it on the Caterham and I must say it is absolutely fantastic.

Quick and easy to install, quiet when the indicator ought be on and beeps when I forget to turn it off. It only beeps after 20 flashes and pauses the count when the brake is on *thumbup*. I find that it is training me to remember to turn it off so it rarely sounds.

A real pitty they do not make them anymore. 😔

Dick

And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by