Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Servicing

UFO

My R300 will soon be due for its 500 mile service. Being in Reading Berks, Dartford seems a long way to go. I was looking at using James Whiting instead. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Glenn

Hi Knowley

James Whiting is in Ashford Middlesex. See www.jameswhiting.co.uk. Im pretty sure he is an official service centre and is well known to Caterham. His rates look very reasonable compared with Arrowstar who I used in the past.

I'm off to check out your site... *cool*

Glenn

Bafty

No, its factory built. I realise theres not alot involved and got ripped off in the past by Arrowstar servicing my previous Cat. As its new I'm just trying to do things by the book..

Anyone tried the Rover / Caterham dealer place advertised in the Low Flying last month - Kernahan's of Witney 🤔 A new set-up just outside Oxford I think. Can't be far from Reading.

I am about to move to Shrivenham between Oxford and Swindon so would be interested in any initial views please *thumbup* *thumbup*

Dave

Saw a 7 *cool*

Hitched a ride in a 7 *eek*

Ordering a 7 *wink* - Done that now

Will Own a 7 😬 - First Week of 2003 - Got Her Now 😬 😬

Up to the elbows in cardboard and bits 😳 passed Post Build now - SVA in 2 weeks SVA was a breeze (except the driver side door hinges *mad*)

2 weeks and 4 visits to DVLA just to get the registration *mad* On the Road At Last 😬 😬

Membership Number 6640

I've no idea Mav. I took delivery of my new 7 in late January this year. A couple of weeks later I rang them to book up the first service and enquired after the cost. I was told then that the first service is free for factory-built cars..... and it certainly was. They serviced it, handed me back the keys.... nothing to pay.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Same here mav my 500 was free. Just about to test this again as I am booked in for a 500 mile on July 18th despite the fact I don't actually have my new car yet (due next Thursday *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*).

Jan