Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Odometer Pixel Repair

Skipper555

I have a speedo that was given to me and if it suits I can send to you. It was given to me by a guy who found it and lots of other bits when Caterham left their original site in a rush - he gave all of them to a local Caterham owner but missed this. Looks identical to yours and attached photo shows the back. No idea if it works and no charge if you want to take a punt on it, just postage.IMG_5819.thumb.JPG.5fb3d0ea0cdf3a554fb80f97de99c3c3.JPG IMG_5820.thumb.JPG.3ac89cee9734870ff37c8c5a9f66948d.JPG

Very much so, delighted with the generosity.

If the new one works OK, I may well look at taking the old one apart to see if there's anything I can do. I've had a similar issue with an old BMW E39 dash, which was basically fixed by adding a bit of extra pressure on the pads for the connection to the display. AK Speedo supplied a kit to fix this, and they've replied that they will investigate a bit more into what they could do about it.

Speedy Cables price and time to upgrade seems a lot considering the cost of a new unit from Caterham, although they are out of stock of course.

Speedo from CAT170 arrived today. Many thanks for sending that over to me, really appreciate it.

It powers up and the pixel display is nice and clear which is a result.

I can set the pulses to match my old one too.I didn't get chance to give the car a run with this speedo fitted just yet.

The only puzzle I have over it is the main odometer reading has // preceding the main number so it's showing //4296

I did find another post that had a similar / (forward slash) issue, but I can't find it right now, but it seemed there was something wrong with their speedo and it wouldn't get rid of these / values when they increased from 999 to 1000 or something. I'll try and track it down again.

Any thoughts on the / digit issue on this unit?

20231003_165147_0.thumb.jpg.5af4bd761b7b84b557b8c0815028bebc.jpg