Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half Hoods with an Academy roll cage?

heptagon

I see that people like SBFS quote a different half roof depending on roll bar set when buying a new half roof.
On my car the full weather Caterham roof still fits over the Academy cage, does this mean any half roof would actually fit well enough if it was from a car with the standard height roll bar?
I see them come up for sale secondhand occasionally and was wondering if I could just get a normal one

• Leadership Team

When you have the full hood you also have hoodsticks, as you will be aware the full hood is mounted to the rear panel, hoodsticks and screen. By doing this it can be fitted over any rollbar or cage as long as the rollbar/cage reasonably fits underneath.

With a half hood it's different. The half hood is mounted specifically between the rollbar/cage rear hoop and the screen, it's therefore critical that the half food fits accurately within these dimensions, and also has the correct curvature to follow the outside curves of the rollbar or cage. Thundersports (Oxted) told me there were over 40 different hood/bar combinations, with the half hood you need to get it right.

Stu.