Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fog light not working

patibbitts

The rear fog light isn't working, as I've recently purchased the car and not actually driven it yet, I've been rectifing all the electrical 'gremlins' associated to lack of use.

The indicators were in a similar state, but the constant switching on/off of the Hazard switch cured these (as advised upon checking the forum for relative answers ).

Q: is there a similar fix for the fog light?

Q: I assume the dash mounted fog light switch is the toggle switch next to the indicator toggle?

Any help appreciated,

Resolution as promised - however I must admit I feel a bit of a fool! - the toggle switch I thought was the Fog light switch wasn't!

The fog light switch and light work OK (only on dipped beam - as suggested) - but the other 'flick switch' next to the indicator flick switch, is the one that still remains a mystery switch.

Q: any ideas what this switch does? (it's a Single action on/off).

Embarrassed,

Is this an extra switch fitted by previous owner? If it is it could be a switch to select oil temperature or water temperature. Does the temperature gauge change when you operate it (the car needs to be warmed up to check this).

If ECR and SM25T are correct (and I'm sure they are), your car will be fitted with an Apollo.  This is a cylindrical alloy tank installed at the front of the engine, designed to de-aerate the oil (see here).  It will have two large oil hoses connected to a sandwich plate at the oil filter housing, plus a thinner braided hose leading to the cam cover.

About halfway down the tank, there'll be a temperature sender, with a wire leading to your "mystery switch". A second input wire at this switch will be from the water temperature sender in the water rail, and the common (output) wire will lead to the temperature gauge.  With this set-up, you can display oil and water temps alternately on the same gauge.  It's a common mod on Apollo-equipped cars.

JV