Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What's this originally off?

Tazio

Thanks JK, I can't respond in kind your box is full, and Neil, yes it's for the BD,  I think it's off a Rover too, but I have been trawling through all the derivatives on the Rimmer Bros site and cannot find this specific one, the mounts are different, and I don't want to pay £51 CC are asking, if this is the only solution I can find that will work.

Lotus Elise Series 1.  Normally without the fitment for the low coolant warning sensor but available with the fitting for one from Eliseparts.  Similar to, but different from those fitted to Rovers and MGF so not to be confused with such.

I bought one some years ago from Eliseparts to enable a low coolant sensor to be retrofitted to my Elise; around £35.  I bought a second one more recently for the Caterham when I converted the Xflow to a sealed system with a low coolant sensor as well.  Recall that price had gone up then to around £50.

I made my own bracket for the bottle from Eliseparts because I now recall that the one I bought from Caterham didn’t properly fit the bottle for some reason ... this was a few years ago and I cannot remember what the problem was.  Will try to take and post a photo of my current installation.

Nooooooooo.....looking to you for creative thinking and engineering skills, from my other post, looks like there's a possible solution using the freelander tank if we can fabricate an appropriate bracket to sit on the cruciform centre....... least i hope so...

Well it is in fact a nice dark green colour, Comma G48.  When the rebuilt engine was installed and refilled a little bit of rusty staining occurred in the tank as it flushed though.  Was going to take the tank off at the last coolant change and clean it off but didn’t bother as it is only superficial, maybe next time.

Very neat install HJF, but I am being a bit anal, and trying very hard to keep the scuttle and apron completely clear, so am looking for a solution where i can hopefully put the expansion tank on the cruciform, If I cannot then your solution is a good model to follow. As an aside, where did you get you screen was nozzle from?

I tried for the cruciform as a first choice myself, but on my 1990 car I couldn’t  find space, a neat way, and a suitable bottle with fixings in the right place to make it work so ended up on the bulkhead with that bottle.