Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series 1.8 dipstick availability

Ralph45

could anyone advise if the dipstick for the 1.8 k series is still available as mine is just a metal rod with no marking for the oil level?

someone did mention the sigma one available at Caterham is suitable for the k,does anyone know if this is definitely ok?

thanks

Ralph

You could well be right - I happened to notice it one day when browsing - I've had no experience of it, being Duratec (for which Raceline advise sticking 5 litres in, allowing to settle and then cutting a notch on the dipstick ...).

My understanding is all k series have same dipstick length as all have same low sump. Mine is metal with yellow bottom with min/max hatch area but is apparently not the correct original one.

However it has a notch on the metal where the max should be at 412mm from top edge and min is at 432mm. If you have an all metal one then lightly "crimp" yourself some notches.

When I looked in the archives a while ago there were several comments about if the pgm ones were right or not ....

Edit to add these measurements are for a wet sump!

Thanks for all the pointers and sorry I'd not replied sooner to all the advise given.

I spoke to Redline but it sounds as if the only ones available now are the same or at least very similar to my existing dipstick so I search on.

thanks again for the advise and links

Ralph

Sorry, was home very late yesterday and completely forgot.IMG_20181024_173609.thumb.jpg.dae6d462a09e76cf7498f27db9c982cf.jpg

And with the two "flanges" where the tube ends alligned

IMG_20181024_173730.thumb.jpg.083d26523280d5db087720bad69a320f.jpg

What I like is that the Ford stick has a little "ball" at the end and the little "crumble" - both features that prevent the interesting area of it to rub against the wall of the tube. (Dunno if that made sense)

Just that it's a 1.25 Naturally Aspirated

Edit: Have looked in one of the online parts catalogues; I'd ask for one for a 2008 1.25 60kW engine code SNJA, SNJB, SNJC or SNJD.

I can't be any clearer as I have been given it from a mechanic who has chanced this engine 6 months ago and does not remember the details of the vehicle. That said I doubt there are 200 different sticks from Ford. Fiesta 1.25 around that age.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...