Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What spares for a weeks tour?

jrgibb72

Hi all,

My hi revs on idle post has got me thinking - I've a trip to the Alps planned for late June and have started to stock up on the obligatory collection of bulbs etc. 

Are there any other must haves that I should put on my "spares bag" for the trip - the car is a 2008 Sigma 150. Any hoses that are prone to going? 

General stuff in bag already;

Assorted jubilee clips and cable ties, throttle cable, bulbs all round, alt belt, bake fluid, premixed coolant, oil, cuddly toy, kenwood mixer . . . 

Thanks,

J

As Giles says lots in the archive, but add to the list evostick metal weld, the phone numbers for redline and burton (they will overnight parts) a good breakdown cover and a speaking language converter so you can get to and talk to a local motor factor :-). If a sigma uses one a clutch cable.

Thanks - Hydraulic clutch on the 150, got AA European who have been brilliant - Had a serpentine belt go on my S4 in Spain last year, typical Audi not a roadside fix it's front of the car off, they were brilliant from start to finish all sorted in 2 days. Could have done with the language converter mind!! Good call

Recently added a Nokia 101 phone with breakdown numbers and loved ones put in contacts. 

And then wrote it’s number on the front so when breakdown ask for number I can say it!

30 day standby, long long talk time. Charges from USB.

Saves battery angst on the smart phone. Cheap (about £15) and extremely light.

I tend to like to be over prepared kit wise, but this is something I’ve added after I found my phone struggles over a days hard use.