Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Weighing a 7

D Jones

So long as you have the capacity for car fuel and driver / passenger.

some of the digital versions don't offer live read out they merely display then clear once the load is removed which is no use for setting up.

I used conventional analouge bathroom scales (£8 each from B&Q) and paired them up using  18mm ply bridges as this brought them back into mid range of the scales, simple cheap and very repeatable.

use a split tesco plastic bag under the front tyres as slip plate and your away, make sure you have checked the 4 floor contact patches to ensure they are set level too and adjust with suitable shims.

A simple Excel spreadsheet and your away.

So long as you have the capacity for car fuel and driver / passenger.

some of the digital versions don't offer live read out they merely display then clear once the load is removed which is no use for setting up.

I used conventional analouge bathroom scales (£8 each from B&Q) and paired them up using  18mm ply bridges as this brought them back into mid range of the scales, simple cheap and very repeatable.

use a split tesco plastic bag under the front tyres as slip plate and your away, make sure you have checked the 4 floor contact patches to ensure they are set level too and adjust with suitable shims.

A simple Excel spreadsheet and your away.

• Leadership Team

I found it easier to go the local scrap yard (no smart comments please *smile*) and for £10 cash, I was able to use their weighbridge and receive an official ticket.

This does of course depend largely on the distance twixt your house and the weighbridge :)

Rog

cornerweight1_0.JPG.1a9d3a430648975bdf7797517ece3aef.JPG

My solution

The tyre sits on a swivelling plate plivoted exactly in the centre of the frame. The weight then shown is doubled to get the correct weight. It means that you can use one scale without over loading it. It also eliminates any possibiliity of the loadl jamming the scale by any sideways forces caused by the front suspension geometry