Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Migrating to ZZS Tyres - Quick Update

Tazio

Well I have my 6 and 8 inch rims, and am migrating to ZZS, so a couple of questions.

1)   Do the 185/55s, fit under existing cycle wings?

2)   What's the current thoughts on the optimal size of rears 215/55 of 245/50s?, gut instinct says 215/55 are sufficient.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Tazio - there are several web sites that will calculate the diameter of the tyre for you. When I moved from 15" cr500's to 13" ZZR's they did just fit under the cycle wings - but simple calc for you using your old tyre sizes versus proposed new!

I prefer the look of slightly wider tyres at the rear so have 215's on mine! 245 is for very serious power!!?

Johnathon,

They are 13s, I have had 6 inch with 165/60/13s A21s, and 175 CR 500s.

Garth

I have 255bhp, but quite a light foot, but 245s seem instinctively too big, good to look at but probably over-tyred for essentially a road car, bigger issue for me is front wings, I'll just have to see..

Just an update re sizes and fitting, had the tyres from BMTR this afternoon, went for the 215 rears, and I can confirm that the 185s fit under the cycle wings no issues, my pension took a hit though...not like the old days of A021s at £60 a corner lol.