Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help please where to buy 5" headlight lens today or in morning

arty

On the cracked headlight, the water ingress while driving from the north in heavy rain had shattered the hot headlight and sidelight bulbs. Fortunately had spares here. Heater had been fitted just before Richard bought the ex-race car. Cable wasn't clamped properly so heat couldn't be shut off. Adjusted that. Found hose clamps loose too. After a cuppa, he set off into the sunset. Only to return shortly afterwards after a wrong turning and a wise decision not to try navigation in the dark in unknown territory. Ended up staying the night. Loading the car this morning we found a rear light was a third full of water ... like a fish tank ! Removed and drained .... cut slots in the bottom of the lenses and sealed the holes in the top. Set off happily in the direction of France.

Hi Ian,

I will always remember your help when we were on our way to Stoneleigh and I had 'problem with my engine' .

You were the one who found the problem to be a spark plug with the tip burnt away and then proceed to source a replacement.

You always go the 'extra mile'.

Richard