Click here if you are having website access problems ×

12" removable steering wheel

mhsalem

So I'm looking at replacing my standard steering wheel on my 1700 super with a quick release option. I do really fancy a wooden steering wheel which would be more in keeping with the aesthetics of my car but Moto Lita only do a 12" size in wood. Will this be too big?I know the original 7's had a larger steering wheel and if removable getting in and out won't be a problem. I would appreciate any thoughs

thanks

Fwiw I had a Momo 270mm on mine which I then put on a larger Moto Lita 'classic' leather rim wheel. I found the steering weight better with the larger Moto Lita.

I, too, hanker after the wooden look, so d be interested what they say and if you go ahead how it feels.

• 9 months later...

Derek, I use it if I anticipate stationary traffic or city driving (and if I remember). Example yesterday on M25 backup. It gives you a little more ’margin’ though touch wood my 7 seems to be able to cope, what with new rad, larger fan and 74 degree thermostat all added over the last 3 years...I do have it wired to a yellow light which is just above my indicator light. This lights wether fan has switched on automatically or override. This gives me the reassurance the fan is functional. Also nice to see light/fan go off after a few miles of free flowing air. 

Proves everything is in balance, at least for now.