Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Introduction to Sprinting 16th September 2017 - now open for booking

Comp Sec

Settled into the reassuringly-tight confines of the seat, hands loosely placed upon the small steering wheel, gazing down the louvered bonnet. Surely, there can’t be many Seven owners who at this point, haven’t wondered what it would be like to drive to the start line, and compete in a motorsport event of some kind.
Ladies and gentlemen, wonder no more. Introduction to Sprinting 2017 will allow you to experience the anticipation, excitement and thrills of competing in a sprint or hill climb event, driving your own car and riding with experienced sprinters.

Taking place at Curborough in Staffordshire, the spiritual home of the club’s Speed Championship, we aim to tempt you to join in and explore the ultimate capability of yourself and your car. You will learn the techniques for safe competitive driving, and try them out on track, as well as finding out about the simple preparation and equipment required.

This event usually takes place every two years, in March; the earlier date has been chosen to give more time to budget and plan to compete in 2018. 
To provide maximum track time, numbers will be limited, so to secure your place, book now.
Entry fee is £59 which includes food. Bookings can be made online here.

For more details please contact Graham Howard (grhmhoward@gmail.com) or Paul Collins (paulsixwen@hotmail.com).

Shamelessly copied from Grahams original post in ChitChat. A big thanks to both Graham & Paul for organising.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Geoff, we'd be glad to see you even if you didn't have the hi-viz.

To everyone else, if you have held a long-held urge to to dress in orange dayglo, this is a great chance to indulge. Marshalling also could provide the rare opportunity to point and laugh at fellow sprinters, should they exceed the track limits.

If you haven't marshalled before, there will be basic instructions given on the day, and it really does give an appreciation of the work done by the army of volunteers who allow us to compete safely.

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I placed the order online for my place back on Aug 15th, had the 3 auto replies confirming the order and saying final details would be sent out 2 weeks prior to event.

then nothing.

have further details not been sent out yet, or has my order fallen off the server.

Great day today. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to support us beginners. I thought it was really useful to help me get started next year. Not so thrilled about having to start in Class 5!

Can I ask that if you were on the track walk this morning with me (I was on Philip's track walk), you send me a message with your name and the car you were driving, so I know who you are...assuming you are happy to get a mention in Low Flying. Thanks

Justin

the Classes are defined by the car not the driver, what ever spec car you have you can only drive to your ability and competition is fairly consistent across all classes.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it and a big thanks from me to all who helped and those who took part, the Championship is defined by the people who take part and make it such a great family to be part of, and we all look forward to you all hopefully being part of it next season. 

Justin,

You will be fine whichever class.

I started in class 3 three years ago with a wet track at Goodwood for my first ever motorsport event!!!

I was so nervous, but two experienced competitors walked me around the track and generally calmed me down , so that in the end I had such a great day that I was totally hooked and have entered as many events as possible since.

I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and supportive bunch of people to go sprinting with.  *driving* 

Tony

• Area Representative

Can I ask that if you were on the track walk this morning with me (I was on Philip's track walk), you send me a message with your name and the car you were driving, so I know who you are...assuming you are happy to get a mention in Low Flying. Thanks

Who's "Philip"? :-)

Track walks were guided by myself and Rob Jacobs.