Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirror Mounts

Robert Cadiz

I'm looking to adopt a similar door mirror setup for my 310S - has anyone got a current option for this mounting bracket (I'm happy with the proposed SPA style mirrors to connect to it)? Or at least a template for the brackets to be made? A key point here is to ensure the door opens fully without knocking the mirror.

Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris,

I have a small batch arriving in the next week or so of which there are a couple of sets left unspoken for if you are interested. Cost is £45 (inc P+P) which includes the mounts and black stainless steel screws and nuts (doesn't include the brass pins which can be knocked out and re-used from the removed hinge part).

PM me if you'd like set.

Ivan

• 1 year later...

You can get them 3DPrinted for about £16 per mount, depending on how urgently you want them.

You can download the files from Mark's blog https://www.caterham7diaries.com/post/eccles-mirror-mounts and get them printed by https://3dprintdirect.co.uk/

I must say, I tried them and the mount pressed hard against the window, something I have never seen before.  So I ended up with DPR Motorsport mounts, which are very very stable, best mirrors I have had on a seven.  https://caterham420detailedbuildblog.co.uk/2020/12/27/mirror-again/

Mine pressed against the window as well. If left I am sure they would have scratched the side screen. I haven't seen this mentioned before but I found the quality of the Spa mirrors to be poor. The adjustment screw holding the ball and socket didn't inspire any confidence as I tightened it and I wouldn't even dare breathe on the top screw. I was afraid if someone caught the mirror I would find it hanging off. I reverted back to the originals.

• 9 months later...

I bought some of the lightweight mounts in the original order a few years ago, but the nuts and bolts used to fasten the bracket to the stanchion and the mirror to the bracket are all starting to rust and look a bit tatty. 

To save me taking it apart, does my one know what length and size I need to replace these, presumably in stainless or alloy?

Thanks in advance

Steve

I think they may be M4 but could be M5, you can easily measure the length.  You will probably have to buy a selection box which will have a selection of sizes and lengths but despite claims about quality they all seem to rust within a year or so.  I would suggest you remove the existing bolts / nuts, clean up with WD40 and paint the heads with black Hammerite paint and then replace.  I have tried nuts / bolts from ships chandlers and even they rust

• Leadership Team

I'd need to check the ones I used but I'm pretty sure the countersunk mirror ones are M6x10, the ones that bolt to the sidescreens are M5. I relaxed mine with stainless within weeks due to rust!

Stu.