Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another 270S Self Build

Jig

Hi all

I just wanted to say hello, I have a 270S SV kit on order, should arrive by Christmas and then I can get stuck in. I'm currently scouring the forum for advice and pointers so I am as prepared as I can be...

One question, I note that the heated windscreen is not an option on the order form, but can be bought as a part - is it a retrofit only, or have they discontinued them?

All the best

Jig

Your welcome, there might be some useful stuff there after all then!, *beer*

Of course I have done it a few times before, so you would think it should be easy by now, end yet I still made some of the most basic mistakes again!

The wait for you kit to arrive will drive you to distraction by the way! *driving*

I believe that your screen will be heated as this is an IVA requirement. The heating element is bonded to the glass at the supplier. I've just finished building my 270S, please feel welcome to get in touch if I can help.

Mr Caterham Man told me that they HAVE to have a heating element as standard because if you have a windscreen you need a way of clearing it of condensation. As there is no provision for vents an element is the only option.

Mr Caterham Man told me that they HAVE to have a heating element as standard because if you have a windscreen you need a way of clearing it of condensation. As there is no provision for vents an element is the only option.

• 6 months later...

Fantastic news, new kit arrival day is always a great day!

We all expect to see lots of pictures of the build and a build blog too of course!

Let me know if there is any part of the build that you need any help with, and if I can give you some pointers and pictures to help too.

Enjoy!

Good luck Jig!

Arrival day is great fun. My head melted I think.

I'm about half-way through my build, and it is a great experience, although chilly at the moment. Frustration is common, grazed knuckles more so. So is the massive sense of achievement when you complete a job.

Cheers,

Rob.