Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Handbrake grip

Fyldeflier

• Area Representative

Mine arrived yesterday, iv'e not fitted it yet,  I need to take at bit off the hand brake, I'm looking for the best price to buy a Dremel as I will probably only use it once,   Any information grateful.

Exactly, Fools Gold. ISTR that part of the old MOT was that the handbrake lever had to have a grip on it, I'd bet that's been forgotten about now so the lightest option would be to ditch the grip altogether and if you must, add some Carbon wrap as mentioned above, if only RIF was still here, he'd have been churning out carbon copies of the real (plastic) thing and we'd all want one.

It looks better than the original, is lighter than the original, and works better than the original (is narrower in diameter which means fingers fit under it easier).  I'd hardly call it non-functional decor!  There are far worse things you could spend your money on.

Haha. Comic debate!

Looks better (decor).

Lighter than original (Land Rover Discovery item) sure, but heavier than NONE.

More easy to use as thinner. Yes, so is none.

Paint non functional....? It performs function of preventing corrosion and increases visibility of the vehicle (if painted bright green!)

:). :p

Well I wanted to go with a naked handbrake but I was concerned about how it would upset the handling balance of the car.  So I'm taking it a step at a time with incremental improvements. *rofl*

Seriously though.  I don't have one of these handbrake grips but will probably order one.

I've got one - they look great and do prevent finger trapping.

I had to file the welded seam on the bottom of the lever down a bit to get the end caps over but this was acheived with a hand file in just a few minutes.

I'm sure no handle would be lighter but I don't really want my car to look unfinished and given I'm 6'3" and 90KGS handle or no handle won't make a s***s worth of difference weight wise.

LOL! It doesn't matter either way really, more importantly it's what you are happy with, certainly got you all talking though. One thing I love about gatherings of Sevens is looking at all the cars and seeing that no single car is the same as the next.

• 8 months later...