Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2015 MSA License & blue book

CaterBram

Will CR500s still be list 1B? I suspect not as they have a G efficiency rating.

Those of us with CSRs may struggle to find suitable tyres as although the ZZS will be made in 245/40, there are no 195/45s in that compound only 195/50s which are unlikely to fit under the arches as the diameter is 4cm bigger.

Does anyone know more?

Steve

does this mean the end of class 3 as we know it? just done a quick search on the web and very little info out there. can any one put a list of what will be allowed in 2016? would also be intreasted on tyres for class 2.

it looks as all avon tyres are out other than ZZS although unable to find tyre lable. V700 Kumho look to only have some compounds that will remain in class 1b.

thanks david

Thanks Comp scorer.

I have prevously got 2+ seasons from my zzr's the last set i bought was 2012. After there 3rd year I think its time to buy new tyres. At over £600 a set if there only alowed for 1 years, I would prefer to buy some list 1a tyres and run  them. I guess it will take some time for people to find the best new 1b tyre.

From what i have read its all tyres with rolling resistance of G that will go. I guess the softer/stickier the tyre the more rolling resistance? Khumho's at this time only have a few conpounds that are F rated and I am unsure how soft they are. It looks as if the khumho's will be soft 215's and medium in 235's.

I realise some will say why bring it up, but we all need to be aware of the new rules and with money always tight I for one will have to think long and hard before buying new tyres.

David

I wonder if the opportunity might present itself to go to a list 1B control tyre sometime in the future.

We could use for example the Khumos that David mentions above.

It would be cheap, everybody would know they were on equal tyre terms and it would prevent a new tyre "arms race" in the event of something new coming on the market.

I'd be happy with a control tyre but maybe not the Kumho with it's concrete sidewalls and heavy weight.  I think the Avon ZZS  fits into the new 1b list - good dry AND wet and a proper motorsport tyre to boot.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like driving on the Kumho (not to mention it's probably quicker on 60s plus sprints) I just think the Avon is better and more consistent.  The other reason is that the Kumho means a cycle wing and wing stay modification for anyone is class 3, 4, 5 & 6, adding to the cost.

Just my tuppence .............  *byebye*

We are a championship for club level Motorsport and choice.

I hope we never ever have a control tyre.

I think you are all missing the bigger picture.  We can accommodate any and all changes by tweeking the rules  in whichever way necessary.  However when the manufacture of the softer compound is stopped because there are not enough sales to competitors to make it viable we will probably have to reset the records and start again on the new road going competition tyres of choice at that time.

It is not a Motorsport, but an EU directive. Tyres with a rolling resistance of G will not be considered road legal next year - can't recall what the exact date is. Tyres made prior to that date with correct EU markings will still be road legal though. 

Steve