Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR Wheels on S3

Has anyone fitted the 15" CSR wheels to their S3? Are the offsets different and does the rear rim width cause issues?

I'm thinking of getting a set for road use and as I have the SV wide de dion tube on the rear, I thought it might be OK but not sure. The standard 15" wheels dont seem to be available anymore, just CSR ones.

Yep, GF04RCE is a 2004 s3 and i am currently running the 9" CSR 15" on the back. Yes they fit and nothing rubs (inc. watts linkages etc.) The studs are a little short but nothing of any concern.

I have some ride height (rake) issues to sort out and need to get the tyre pressures right but they look great and drive great. It has been said acceleration might be a bit out, speedo defo out but it always was.

Hope that helps...

David M *smile*

If it's of any use, I'm considering getting rid of my (S3 Superlight) 15" wheels at the moment.

All 4 tyres are CR500 and are fairly new (last year or so) but the two fronts have some cracks in the inner sidewall.

There's the usual paint flaking that comes with the standard wheels. Blatmail me if you're interested, I was going to take some photos and measure the tyres before putting them in the for sale section next week.

Edited by - FramerateUK on 24 Jun 2014 15:37:01

Quoting GF04RCE: 
The CSR fronts are the standard Caterham 15" wheels so yes they fit under the cycle wings....

*smile*

David M

They're not, they are machined to a different off set irrespective of what's cast into the back of the wheel.

They do fit, but just be aware the fronts are a different off set to that of the std SV / S3 15" wheel.

Thanks guys... looks like I need to get my tape measure out and work out which wheels have which offset and which ones I have on the front of the car and which ones in storage.

Not sure what the effect of having same wheel different offset on left and right might have.... I have been wondering how I got a different left right tow in reading with my tracklite drive over board thingy I wonder if this could be the reason.... some investigatoring this weekend me thinks..... *smile*

David M