Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mechanical oil pressure

jackb_ms

Hello

I want to keep the look of the standard electric oil pressure gauge but I would like a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Is it possible to replace the innards from the electric gauge and replace it by mechanical innards?

Cheers

Jack

The FSD of my mechanical would be too much for the std electrical gauge which has a lesser sweep. A pro may be able to do such a conversion for a price but not sure you would get an accurate DIY job.

Jack, the Mocal mechanical gauge is exactly the same diameter and has the looks of the Caterham electrical gauge less the the wording Caterham on the dial face.

Dial face come in black as well as white.

You really wouldn't know the difference to be fair *smile*

Jack,

I have a stack MOPG in my 7 when i get home tonight i`ll send you a pic on the gauge very much like the original look.

The Only major differance is the iluminatuion at night, being LED it vastly better tha the original.

Edited by - tweeky on 16 May 2014 12:04:33

• Leadership Team

Jack, I wanted to do exactly what you're suggesting - there's lots of choice in 52mm mechanical OP gauges but all have the 270 deg swept area rather than the short movement of the electrical Caterham branded Caerbont gauge. I think I even emailed Caerbont and asked if it was possible but I don't recall getting a reply.

In the end I accepted it wasn't going to be possible and fitted a Stack 52mm mechanical with the full sweep ... and I wouldn't go back! Brighter, easier to read, more accurate, and most importantly, with the larger swept area it's easier to read pressure changes.

Stu.

Jack the stack gauge coes with all the fittings inc a PTFE type tube, al though I didnt use mine I bought a braded hose form a company we use at work, but i havwe heard of people using windscreen washer tubing as an outer sleeve to the capilary hose to give it some protection.

Make sure you leak check the gauge end after you get a good oil pressire and mine had a little leak.