Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blyton track day

Matthew Willoughby

See update at bottom

I have been discussing the above with Richard Usher, the owner of Blyton. The day before the sprint i.e. Saturday 19th April, the track has been booked for a trackday by Javelin Trackdays. I have been in touch with Javelin to see if I could organise a block booking from us but they were not at all interested. So you have 2 options (assuming you need any practice at all):

1 - Book on the trackday like normal. I am told it will cost £139 per car when the date is released on their website.

2 - Book my test day. The track is not available on Friday 18th April but is available on Thursday 17th. I would book the circuit (that is me as an individual, not me on behalf of the club) and we would have the circuit for 15 cars with a maximum of 4 on track at any time. This would be good quality track time with very, very little traffic. The cost would be £75 each with medics and marshals included.

I will happily arrange the Thursday test day but I need to make sure that I can fill it before I go ahead. I appreciate that the timing isn't great as it will mean time off work and another journey to and from the circuit but it will be cheaper than the track day and you won't be stuck behind tin-tops all day long.

Can those that would come on my test day please post here. If 10 people put there names down I will book it and worry about filling the other spaces later.

Update 3rd December 2013

The track has been booked for Thursday 17th April (the day before Good Friday). Attendees are listed below:

Andrew Willoughby

Graham Howard

Chris Bramall

Rob Spencer

Clive Marsden

John Bransfield

Steffan Eldred

James Martin

Roger Cumming

Dave Gemzoe

Tom Slatter

Andy McKay

Gordon Wilson

Derek Read

Graham Denholm

Edited by - Matthew Willoughby on 8 Apr 2014 21:27:29

• Support Team

Graham

I want to be really annoyed that you could say such a thing *mad* *mad* *mad*. . . but i know you're right *cry*

I think I might let his tyres down first.

Pesky youngsters!! Why don't they show a bit of respect for age and just slow down a bit.

Oh, go on then, please put me down Matt.

Without meaning to take advantage of Richard's hospitality, do you think there is any chance of those travelling longer distances to leave their car and trailer in the grain store?

No bother either way, would just save dragging it back and forth.

Thanks for sorting Matthew.

Steff