Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blyton Park

Matthew Willoughby

*thumbup* to Blyton!

I thought the circuit was perfect for sprinting, a fast venue mixed with some technical bits to keep you on your toes.

Richard, the owner, was very accommodating, and apart from the wind blowing over the timing board once the day went very smoothly.

Thoroughly enjoyed the track day as well *tongue*

Jeff

I'd like to add my *thumbup* to everyone elses.

An excellent track with good facilities (HOT water and nice showers) and Richard Usher could not have made us feel more welcome. Letting us all use the Grain Store as our own L7 paddock was a real bonus (shame about having to make space for the McLaren GT trailer).

As for going back - definitely!

BTW a big thank you to Lisa W for acting as our Paddock Marshall and keeping us all moving along - despite the increasingly quick turn-around between runs 5, 6 & 7. She was so efficient that there were some who forgot that she was our volunteer and not the official Paddock Marshall *biggrin*

Another 😶‍🌫️ 🥰 *thumbup* to Lisa for her selfless sacrifice, not only standing out in the rain but chasing down missing drivers. Without which we might have been lucky to get 5 runs rather than the 7 we did.

no wonder we get the reputation for being over organised 😬

Another *thumbup* *thumbup* from me for the venue.

I thought the day was well organised - good to have a briefing, good timing screens, efficient running etc. Yes some a couple of glitches with the timing beam but the loss of track time was far less than at some other venues which have much greater experience of running speed events.

Great track too for us. Great value especially - in terms of plenty of runs for a very modest entry fee.

David

Another *thumbup* for venue, organisation, value, etc. (great when we are a big part of the day)

*thumbup* for the Mazda boys (for superb track awareness on Sat, and moving their kit out of the barn on Sun)

*thumbup* Liza (for standing in the rain, so we could sit in the dry)

And lastly 😶‍🌫️ to Jeff for a great day’s competition and what I *think* is the overall class win

Jon

😳Don't like to be the negative voice among much truly justified praise, but whilst I agree with what has been said I am also going to put forward the negative issues:

The venue could do with a proper paddock - understand that that this is an affordability issue.

When it does rain hard it is bleak and windy with no shelter - the track doesn't drain and the field quickly gets water logged - we were very lucky with the weather and the offer of the barn.

I enjoyed the circuit more for the track day than the sprint, as nice and free flowing - agree might be better as a double lapper (did a double lapper at Goodwood this year and on the big open circuits it is a good format).

Apart from that add a few hills and trees and............................sorry *rolleyes*

P>S> I accept that my view may be coloured by the distance from the South coast and that the route there includes the M25 and the A1M.

Edited by - Leg on 17 Sep 2013 13:44:41

Agreed with most of what has been said. A great track for Sevens...a stretched llandow and less frustrating than Curborough!! I shall certainly be back next year when I should have a much better idea of where I am going. Practice makes perfect they say. Enjoyed the class two battle and well done to Matthew, Andrew and Graham. That young Howard got his own back for Curborough 12....aaarrrgggh

Roger L's point is valid, without that shed it would have been unbearably cold and we would not have lasted for nine runs. Every track should have one.

Roger7C

The venue could do with a proper paddock - understand that that this is an affordability issue.

When it does rain hard it is bleak and windy with no shelter - the track doesn't drain and the field quickly gets water logged

isn't this true for a lot of the venues that our Championship competes at?