Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lights behind the grill?

10uptobase

Hi

Am in process of some mods to the car at the moment (2007 150 sigma roadsport) and was looking at ways of cleaning up the front end. Was considering dropping a size in headlights to 5 3/4" SVC units and swoping the indicators for some smaller LED, possibly in the same place or bike type units either side the nose. (My repeaters are already flush mounted on the side of the engine bay in a Westfield style.)

Has anyone explored the possibility of mounting indicators behind the grill? Or even small projector style headlights? I know that space / airflow may be an issue with the main units. Not sure on the regs regarding positioning for main headlights and indicators though?

All comments gratefully received *smile*

Has anyone explored the possibility of mounting indicators behind the grill? Or even small projector style headlights? I know that space / airflow may be an issue with the main units. Not sure on the regs regarding positioning for main headlights and indicators though?

Pretty sure construction and use regulations will make this an mot failure but either way STOP IT

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
There's a salt flat racer someone built in their garage that has the lights inside the nosecone. Looks amazing. Works for the car though, probably won't with the 7. I'll try find a picture.

Found it! here

No good pics of the nosecone, but you can just about see the lights in the last pic.