Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Won't Start ....

SMerK

Finally perfect weather & ...... will not start ☹️

Yesterday OK. 60 mile local run, back home & a wash getting ready for Beaulieu next Sat.

Today : Ignition light. Click from starter when ignition key turned fully but no more. I do get K series click when hot sometimes & seems just like it but car is cold.

I have noticed a lack of fuel pump priming 'whir' but maybe it did it first tiem I tried? Could this be related?

Fuse for ECU & Fuel pump OK. All wires & connections OK as far as my untrained eye can see.

Any ideas?

Steve

Thanks for the quick responses (as ever on Blat Chat) *wavey*

No immobiliser on car.

Battery lacking power / worn out has occured (have had a power cable issue that meant battery was abused more than usual recently) .... will try jump start to test this out.

Steve

Quoting ozzy: 
*arrowup*

Don't think so. Even when the immobiliser is still on, the car will fire up, and then die immediately.

Sounds more like starter or battery issue.

It only starts on the fuel that is left in the system then because the fuel pump isnt going it dies. Then if you try it again straight away it doesnt fire!

It only starts on the fuel that is left in the system then because the fuel pump isnt going it dies. Then if you try it again straight away it doesnt fire!

Indeed, but the point being, it will crank, which in this case it obviously wasn't doing!!

Edited by - ozzy on 26 May 2013 19:14:31

Edited by - ozzy on 26 May 2013 19:15:29

Did you leave the headlights on overnight ? Have you checked the liquid levels in each cell of the battery, if a wet type.

Headlights - no. Checked cells of battery & all have fluid above the electrodes.

Still think it's a worn out battery - lack of use while SORN over winter & wings replaced plus turning over engine too often, without success, while working out the live cable problem.

Steve

Edited by - SMerK on 26 May 2013 23:55:33