Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon cycle wing supplier

willmac

Just wondering if anyone has purchased cycle wings from "Ultimate Carbon" , and if so what their thoughts are on the finished product ?

I have to change out a damaged wing unfortunately and just looking at all options / suppliers to see what is best value for money product. I'm even considering the ABS plastic ones from CC which come in at about 48 quid each I think.

Cheers

I have the full set of wings, nose and dash from Ulitmate, if you want some photo's bm me an email address and I'll take some.

They are nice and light, good value and well made but don't look quite as nice as the latest from CC - moulding not quite perfect but to my eyes certainly good enough.

I also have the cheap CC ABS wings on my academy car, nothing wrong with these that I can see - fixed on using bigheads and cable ties. I doubt they'd stand up to much of an impact but they look fine (I wrapped mine).

Sorry to butt in here......but say you damage a wing with the older diagonal weave, do CC still supply this pattern or only the newer straight weave.....leaving you no option but to source other vendors?

Cheers.

Quoting Grubbster: 
I have the full set of wings, nose and dash from Ulitmate, if you want some photo's bm me an email address and I'll take some.

They are nice and light, good value and well made but don't look quite as nice as the latest from CC - moulding not quite perfect but to my eyes certainly good enough.

I also have the cheap CC ABS wings on my academy car, nothing wrong with these that I can see - fixed on using bigheads and cable ties. I doubt they'd stand up to much of an impact but they look fine (I wrapped mine).

Thanks Grubbster, YHM

Quoting kenny.: 
Sorry to butt in here......but say you damage a wing with the older diagonal weave, do CC still supply this pattern or only the newer straight weave.....leaving you no option but to source other vendors?

Cheers.

Talk to Caterham, if the need arises *wink*

Dany, would also be interested in your experiences as their prices look extremely competitive (read 25% of Caterham prices). I notice they also offer a 7 day no quibble money back guarantee.

I also notice that they state their carbon nosecone has GRP front edges as "they can't bend the carbon round that tightly", shame as that is also extremely competitively priced.

Graham.

hi all,

i have received my cf rear arch . here is my opinion:

-the shape is exactly what caterham make. same radius size, length...

-they are well made, solid and a little bit lighter than the fibreglass arches. no major issue with gel coat, even thickness.

-cf insert are ok, but not perfect (if you compare it to expensive prepreg stuff) but once fitted, the defaults are hard to spot

-black roll edge too thick IMHO

to sum up:

good value for money

great service and straightforward seller, very friendly and easy to deal with

not for those who are looking for perfection

perfect if you want CF finish parts and keep your wallet healthy

would buy again

hope that's help

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5658/img0040zz.jpg]here

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5267/img0038vw.jpg]here