Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PV battery bracket fitting pics please

Andy Lef

If any POBC have any pics of the Power vamp 25 battery bracket fitted they would be gratefully received - especially if it is laid flat on the extended passenger footwell + any suggestions about preventing vibration if it occurs.

Many thanks

*biggrin*

if you blat mail me, i will forward an email that i sent to Roy Holland which shows how mine is fitted.

I used 5 of the 6 holes bolted through the foot well top, and had to trim and round the edges a little to get it to fit. Any vibration is minimal as it clamps down tightly on the battery case.

Please feel free to put the pictures up here, the originals were lost when webshots closed down, so i don't have them on a site i can link to at the moment.

• Area Representative

Quoting AdamQ: 
FWIW, here's where mine sits: here and here.

Adam

Hi Adam,

What engine are you running? and also what stops the battery flying about? (aside from gravity) I'd have thought you would need a strap over the top...

All the best

Richard

Hi Richard,

The engine is a Duratec (2.0L) (conversion story here). There's currently nothing holding the battery down - you're right, there ought to be a strap of some sort and it's one of those things I've been meaning to do for months - I was planning just to use a piece of rubber with hooks on it. Having said all that, it hasn't made a bid for freedom in the 9 months it's been unsecured ...

Regards,

Adam

• Leadership Team

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
That's where I'd seen the PVR metal bracket at £26! It's only £14 in Andy's linked page.

Jonathan

..... plus postage & VAT and it comes to £21.20!!!!

Stu.

You can get the RMD25 quite cheap on ebay... It's a wheelchair battery or something. Does the job, I had to replace mine after 2 years of sitting around doing basically nothing, but at £30 a pop, it's not exactly a major issue. They like being used rather than left around, but otherwise, fine *thumbup* Search UltraMax in ebay.