Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Newbie in need of help

ears

HI, after 10 years of dreaming I finally joined the caterham world some 4 months ago with a purchase of a 2004 1.8 K series, and loving it…… *smile*

however having started my first winter service and upgrade I've hit a problem. Im trying to remove the foam filter and complete the gasket upgrade as recommended by DVA, but I can't remove the oil pick up pipe from the block. All the blots are removed including the 2 that hold in the oil pick up pipe but still no joy. The pipe will rotate slightly from side to side but won't drop or pull out. *confused*

Does anyone have any ideas ?

I also want to fit windscreen wipers, I have the correct motor and ordered the additional items needed, but have no idea where to start. does anyone have any suggestion or pictures that could help?

Many thanks in advance

can't help with the oil pick-up pipe but to fit wipers from scratch I'm pretty sure you'll need to remove the scuttle. This is not as hard as it sounds and, otherwise, you won't be able to see what you're doing underneath and will probably damage all sorts of wiring as you try and fit the wiper rack. The best way would be to find a local member and take measurements for the spindle holes in the scuttle. Assuming its not already there, you'll also need to cut a hole for the two-speed wiper switch. You can also get a delay unit for intermittent wipe. Hopefully the wiring is in the loom but, if not, it won't be too hard to wire.

Where abouts in Surrey are you?

Paul

Im in dorking

Oil pick up sorted with a little brut force, foam filter removed, *smile* but the gasket if knackered by a bodge for a previous service (before my time)

Thanks for the advice on the windscreen wipers I will inspect a few at the next available opportunity.