Click here if you are having website access problems ×

REAR FOG & REVERSING LIGHT

duffield

Please can some body measure for me the distance between the reversing Light and Fog light from inner face to inner face on a late csr of sv. Also the underside distance to the bottom of the body, (new body forgot to measure this when stripping, now it is re skinned I want to ensure I get it righ)

Thanks it would be appreciated.

Andrew

Edited by - duffield on 2 Dec 2012 14:48:35

Thanks gents, the advise is good. Sorry I have not replied. Company xmas bash last night.

Ok has anybody got a picture of there own? I am rebuilding a CSR 260 back to prestine condition. I have gone to a lot of trouble ensure every part is as new. Powder coating all steelwork and additional items such as fuel tank ect, nickle plating and reskinned. I have even updated the frame to take the third diff mounting. It has been sprayed WRC blue and is looking good, want this to look right and not affect the resale value or ability to sell it.

Thanks Andrew

So really need to consider this. I also want to put a third brake light

This is how my CSR was originally for a rear fog and reversing light hung off the underside of a chassis tube as I did not want to mark the ali at the time and I had ideas of looking for a better solution:

here

Then after 6 months SM25T pointed out the better solution for replacing the caravan lights with the Car Builder Solution slimline lights:

here

here

Edited by - Croc on 2 Dec 2012 15:10:16

Hi Croc,

Thanks for that, I must say it does look diferent. That looks some machine you have there? I can see you have some type of undertray beneath the tank and maybe something at the sides. Have you any more details on that?

Andrew

Quoting duffield: 
Hi Croc,

Thanks for that, I must say it does look diferent. That looks some machine you have there? I can see you have some type of undertray beneath the tank and maybe something at the sides. Have you any more details on that?

Andrew

What you see is actually a "CSR" diffuser from Reverie. On one of the circuits I run at, under certain wind conditions, the CSR was lifting off over a hump on the back straight and scaring me silly *eek*. The diffuser was one thing I did to increase downforce. Despite what Reverie said it being an easy install it needed substantial modification and cut outs to allow the IRS to deflect under load as Reverie thought a CSR was the same as an SV. *rolleyes* It certainly smooths out airflow under the car but I am doubtful on the aero benefit? Still it does look good! *tongue*

here

and

here

If you are looking for other expensive ideas then maybe read through the build thread from USA7s - apologies in advance to your wallet!

😬

here

Edited by - Croc on 2 Dec 2012 16:57:14

That looks a nice car, My previous CSR 260 was the same colour. I sold it and wanted to buid one myself. In the UK you will not get much change out of £50 sterling for a new one, even if you build it yourself as Caterham would let me have a kit. However there was one the same age as mine on ebay that had been used to drive to spain and back and never really looked after. I went to see it and there was nothing wrong with it structurally and the drive train was fine, had done 14,000 miles. I got it for £18K with 2 sets of wheel and other goodies. I am actually a mechanical engineer so rebuilding it is not a problem, just time. I will soon be looking at the power plant as the car is coming on now. Ford do not do the 2.3 durarec any more and have replaced it with a 2.5 duretec using the same block bored and stroked. I am considering selling my Cosworth 2.3 and building a new 2.5. To be honest it does not take much work the get 260 BHP but torque is much more usefull.

Andrew

Hmmm.....2.5L Duratec? I have not seen anyone offerring crate engines of those yet so figured there were not enough donors out there to create supply? I could do with more horsepower in my situation....very interesting idea. *thumbup*