Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heavy clutch

evotell

I've tried the clutch in a R400D, and a very simple way of making it feel as light as a feather, is to try the Clutch in a CSR260. 😬

I would have thought they used the same clutch but there's world of difference in the way they feel.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful...just an observation.

You might find that a change of fluid or bleeding will ease things a little but probably not a great deal.

Edited by - weeman on 12 Oct 2012 23:28:30

*arrowup*Simply put...no!

The whole reason for the CSR's existence was racing.

It was never even intended to be a road going car, it ended up that way by happenstance.

The fact that it is equally good as a road car is testament to what a fantastic piece of kit it is.

Some how the CSR has become synonymous with being a touring car but most people I've heard make that judgement haven't so much as driven one let alone raced one or toured in one.

Sorry to go off topic.

Quoting TJ: 
My R400 clutch is fine so it's possible you have a specific problem. I have tried a CSR and it was much heavier.

Tony

How long is the travel on the pedal? The pedal box was assembled when the car arrived, are there pivot point options?

probably the home-made shower cap that leads to the tourer idea .. 😬

or the additional space, they are all sv size are they not?

anyway, I was too cryptically alluding to the types of clutch as regards whether they may be competition clutches, whether with tougher springs ("heavier") or even those paddle things (three ears and clutch is basically either engaged or not engaged). However, I couldn't see anything immediately obvious in the cc parts lists so resorted to being vague as a sort of retreat from further exploration. :-)

you may recall I drive an R500 as a Tourer...ah that day I was in the Mondeo.. happy days. (reminder Goppenstein/Kandersteg meeting and the sm25 errant current drain from the duff relay after the 200 mile new battery run.)

aye wasn't it just? I still muse how I would ever find a current drain like you had. It was an education - not to mention a disillusionment with "my" local Swiss Banner battery supplier. I resolved never again to buy one on tour without having each cell tested. edit: just remembered the little Mondeo Blatt 😬

Edited by - anthonym on 14 Oct 2012 20:36:41