Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lowered Headlights S3

SBD762

I am about to lower my 7 inch headlights and then convert to 5.3/4 instead of the current 7 inch lamps.

I have yet to check if my chassis is a metirc chassis. Car is a 2007 year K seires Roadsport.

I intend to use these here which I have been led to believe are for a metric chassis. But I will measure the wishbone mount to establish if they will fit.

My question is, has anybody any experience of this and if so are the cycle wings - when turning - likley to foul the newly lowered headlamps?

As ever all advice , useful comments are gratefully recieved from you experienced guys.

Edited by - SBD762 on 8 Oct 2012 15:10:51

• Area Representative

I believe Phillip Coles has fitted these to his non metric chassis SV with smaller headlights too, has had no problems as far as I am aware, but will be seeing him later today so will check with him just to make sure.

Regards Paul.

Absolutely correct Surrepticious!!!

I was getting over Upgraditis quite well until that fateful day in Lyme Regis.

But I know its the right thing to do, seeing it lined up against those good-looking 7's it felt like the ugly duckling ...........

Check out these photos:

here

they show the headlamp bracket that you first linked to fitted to cars - also check out the last photo which shows a good comparison - note that as well as lowering it also moves the headlamp further forward which is possibly why there is no issue with the cycle wings

Rs2000 many thanks, very helpful photos, great shots.

However can anyone help with some additional information?

I am using the EU1V brackets, I have metric chassis (confirmed by CC and other postings on BBC)

If the wiring is threaded through the bracket, as it is supposed to be, then where does the wiring go? Some people have said through a hole in the wish bone mounting.

Mine does not have a hole,

Would it be advisable to drill such , does any one know?

My concern would be about any weakening of the wishbone mounting.

Any one with a solution / idea please?

I'd like to keep the wiring neat, I.e. not just cable tie it the brackets!

Thanks to all

Steve