Edited by - caterbram jnr on 2 Sep 2012 20:04:23

• Area Representative

Chris,

News had already reached me that Matt J had taken my class 3 record *smile*

However, I fear the that news may be a little premature *nono* *smile*

I believe The class 3 record still stands at 49.57sec - see here *smile*

Unless, that is, that Matt beat 49.57 🤔

Edited by - Richard Price on 1 Sep 2012 21:01:42

Great day at Aintree yesterday, 6 times runs has to be a record particularly nice as the last run was seemingly just for us as no one else wanted to come out and play.

Having been sensible and smooth all day I'd beaten the class record, I then tried a bit too hard on run 5, the end result was

. Which ironically was my fastest run of the day, peak speeds were 83mph before turn 1 (4 mph up on my other runs which explains why I locked up and completly missed the apex), 90mph before turn 2, 120mph before turn 3 and 130mph across the line. The 64ft time was 2.21 which I think was my worst of the day.

A big thank you needs to go to the Liverpool Motor Club for being so organised and fitting so many runs in.

Edited by - rgrigsby on 2 Sep 2012 08:50:21

What a great day! Well done to all the winners, record breakers and the Bostons in particular - young Miss Boston was absolutely flying and there was no way for me to catch her! I think that's where my season will end this year, so thank you to all the organisers of the championship and events.

Lisa

PS The spares box has been passed on to Jon Ward for next week's event at Wiscombe - hope nobody needs it!

Well done Graham, I think that secures top spot in Class 2 this year *thumbup*. Anyway, a thoroughly well deserved win - despite the hand gesture in the tyre warming area 😳. If only I hadn’t saved it all for the 7th timed run...

Thanks to you too Chris, for keeping us all on our toes with the mathematical possibilities following each run. Just check Graham’s time though (above), as he definitely beat me, and my best was a 51.61

Jon

Great competition on Saturday Jon and a very close result. My hand signals were only to indicate who was going to get the victory *cool*.

My car was on the trailer before it became apparent that there was going to be a 6th run! Aintree is always great value.

That's it for me this season. Thanks to everyone in class 2 for some very close competition this year.

Thanks also to Chris for his super efficient scoring and the live updates between runs.

Graham

Great day at Aintree – I can’t figure out why I have never been before *confused*

Fast & demanding with good organisation, plenty of runs & not many corners to remember (suits the SAGA contingent *cool*)

Class 4 was a bit thin on the ground but I had a good battle with Nigel who did a PB

is my final run with RaceRender overlay to show how the old Twink struggles at a fast venue 😬

Really good day at Aintree - can't believe how many runs we got in! Very happy to pip a record on the last run, and pleased with my starts too as it's an area where I've always suffered previously (apart from 1st practice run, I think all my 64ft times were between 2.03 and 2.08 *cool*). The competition over in class 2 was fantastic - congratulations Graham and commiserations to Jon - how close!!

Andrew - hope the engine isn't too bad and is healthy again for the new season *wavey*

Just to add my congratulations to Graham - after a quietly amassing some very quick times all season, Graham produced the clincher last weekend. Despite the gearbox issues, I was still properly out-driven by Graham and Jon at Aintree.

I've now taken the box out of the car and given it a damn good kicking before it goes to Road & Race next week.

Ah well, next year, next year.

Paul

Yes Roger, it was a shame you weren't at Aintree. Judging by your stunning performance at Curborough you could have been well in the hunt. Hope you can do more rounds next year as you certainly are now competitive since you found out how to lower yor suspension 😬.

Unfortunately I can't make the dinner. Booked a holiday about 3 days before the date was announced ☹️.

Paul. Hope your gearbox now works better after a good kicking.

Graham