Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A few bits to help my post Shelsley Walsh rebuild...

Richard Price

• Area Representative

Along with and extensively repaired chassis, I'll be needing quite a few bits to repair my bent car following my Shelsley Walsh incident

I've already accumilated a few bits, but I'm short of a few bits (I'm sure I'll find more as I strip the car further ☹️)

My exhaust headers are all well knackered (but I could only tell the extent after I'd had the angle grinder at the chassis tubes....). It seemed to work OK, so I'd like to replace it wit the same, so I'm looking for a "Competition" long 4 branch manifold. I only need the headers as my collector and silencer are OK, but I'll consider anything.

Earlier ones didn't have a Lamda probe socket, but I can fit one of those easily enough.

Pair of headlight mounting brackets

Red wide track front ARB

Standard Alternator to suit EU3 car (maybe a knackered one - Mine worked fine, but the casting is now broken. I can exchange bits to make another work)

One standard rear light cluster (or maybe a pair)

Pair of front (orange) indicators (with or without pods)

All parts to suit a 2002 K series car.

What have you got??

Richard - pretty sure I've still got a pair of headlight mounting brackets (like these (they're off a metric car, but I think they'll be the same)) and (orange) indicators. One pod is fine - the other works but is cracked.

Not after anything for them. Blatmail me your address and I'll send them to you this weekend.

Jez

Standard Alternator to suit EU3 car (maybe a knackered one - Mine worked fine, but the casting is now broken. I can exchange bits to make another work)

I have a spare EU3 alternator. Happy to donate to your rebuild project.

It failed at Llys y Fran and I replaced with a new one. I think it just needs a new diode pack and a refurb (mechanically its all ok)

Could bring to Curbs this weekend if it helps. Let me know asap.

I have the Caterham long-primary 4-1 exhaust system. Am thinking of an upgrade to the SLR system at some point, so I could be tempted to part with it if it suits you? It's the one with 1.625" primaries into a 4-1 collector and then 2" into the silencer. Ideally, I'd want to sell it as a complete package together with the 6" silencer (normally reads 95-97dbs between 4500 and 5000rpm). It also has a lambda boss in no. 4 primary. And I've only just wrapped the primaries in heat wrap but they haven't even been near the car. ☹️

• Area Representative

Hi,

I think I may have a pair of orange indicator lenses in the garage.

If that's all you're after then drop me a BM and I'll go and have a look for you *smile*

All the best

Richard

• 2 weeks later...