Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Tuning

MichaelS

I've not used any of them directly as I'm a K-series engine type person. But I know for certain that Scholar's work is excellent as I find myself knocking about their workshops fairly regularly. A Scholar 1.9 K-series is on my shopping list for the future and they work wonders on any engine that they touch.

I've spoken to the guys at Premier Power at the Autosport show and they seemed very knowledgeable. Plenty of people have used Raceline and Shawspeed for Zetecs and other Ford engines. Dunnell also in Suffolk do a lot of Ford engine work too.

What is your overall aim? Just buying some bolt-on bits, a modified head or a full-bore engine build from the ground up?

Hi

I drive a Sigma 150 SV and have met the guys at Premier Power. As already mentioned above they are a very knowledgeable team.

Following discussions with them I have found out the following:

Premier Power have developed various conversions for the Sigma engine following success with the Sigma in European Formula Ford racing. They are constantly developing their upgrade packages and even have their own Caterham show car. As well as their upgrades, Premier Power offer products aimed at the road and Trackday market including motorsport spec engine management systems with built in data loggers, steering wheel mounted digital dash boards, carbon fibre air boxes and a very nice dry sump oil system installation. They also supply lightweight billet flywheels and uprated performance clutches as well as a very neat heat exchanger installation aimed at stabilising oil temperature.

Premier Power offer a complete service where by you supply them with your car and they carry out the complete upgrade for you.

I have also been out in their 200 Bhp Sigma Engined Caterham which is very impressive indeed.

I understand they also have a couple of new products due for release in the middle of August so I would recommend you keep an eye on their website.

Feel free to blatmail me if you have anymore questions.

Cheers

Kevin

Edited by - K T Scott on 28 Jul 2012 19:24:32

Hmm I have a Sigma "150". Do the remap and the the timing changes make a big difference for the better? If they do, is it expensive to have done to a 150? Can't say that I am unhappy with the current map though.....

Quoting pmobbs: 
Hmm I have a Sigma "150". Do the remap and the the timing changes make a big difference for the better? If they do, is it expensive to have done to a 150? Can't say that I am unhappy with the current map though.....
Costs about £450. Improves driveablity and consumption.

Ratrace have a very good reputation on tuning Sigmas. Not many others about though.

Thanks for the reply, isn't that where Gordon had his lovely crossflow sorted?

Mike you are quite correct. Since you last saw her i have now added a gorgeous alloy rocker cover that just gives that final finishing touch to a wonderful RatRace build.

Mike, if you haven't done so already give Rob Morley a ring, better still ring him and take a trip up to Potters Bar and have a chat.....Don't forget to take a few donuts with you when you go. Rob and Steve love donuts *wink*