Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where do i get a popper tool & rivnut tool from?

zetec

• Area Representative

Hi Zetec, *wavey*

I recently bought a Laser heavy duty pop riveter and rivenut setting tool from Machine Mart.

It was this one but it wasn't cheap! *eek*

It works well though, and I needed it in a hurry *redface*

All the best

Richard

I use this one here. Found it to work ok as it's really like a conventional riveter just with a different end to pull rivnuts. On that subject I have found going for steel rivnut makes life easier as it's easy to pull the thread out of some ali ones

As of the popper tool, I have had no luck with the punch / mandrill type and found this one here better as it pushed the popper together as is flares the end at the same time. They are really expensive though.

• Area Representative

That popper tool looks great £179.99 UK price $139 US price(£86 at current exchange rates) *confused* Would be a good tool for each area to have that could be temporary loaned out when you need to refix a popper.

Nick

Quoting johnv: 
*arrowup* I have one of those, but I can't seem to work it properly, I end having to take it all apart to unscrew it from the rivnut after squashing it

John

on mine I just turn the black knob on the end to screw the tool out the rivnut.

Jason

Quoting johnv: 
jason .. yes, you would have thought so, but when I unscrew the black knob, it just uscrews itself from the shaft that the rivnut screws onto the end of

John

yes had this on the M5 one. I just stuck it in with Loctite stud lock. It ain't coming out again!

Jason