Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 Point Harness Caterham S3

SBD762

I am thinking about replacing existing Caterham (Seat Belt style) Harness with a 4 point quick release set-up.

Mainly for road use. Mainly because I like the look of such kit and I think it suits the car. So I am not expecting to go racing , just the odd track day .

Was looking at Luke, Sabelt, Willans or Caterham's own etcetc .

Does anybody have any good / bad stories to tell?

Any tips?

Any fitting problems?

I know this is not rocket science but it's always good to comments from you experienced guys before parting with hard earned cash!!!!

Cheers

if you have tillets Steve, i can recomend the Titan harness from Simon @ Meteor motorsport, the quick release bucket actually fits through the hole in the tillet side, with my Caterham Luke harness this was not possible without dismantling the buckle. always a pain when taking out seats.

I like the Titon ones from Meteor, softer webbing, easier adjustment, smaller buckle - and I specified my waist tensioners to work the opposite way round to make them easier to tighten.You don't have to have 'Titon' written on them and they are a great price as well.

The most important thing to look for is to ensure whatever harness you buy that the lap belts adjust by pulling upwards... Ones the pull down just do not work in a seven...

I bought a set of the Luke harnesses listed in DTweeks for the seven but they adjust the wrong way... Big f...ing 200 quid mistake given my location / time between ordering and fitting and mostly my naivety...

I now have a set of schroth's *thumbup*

Steve at Sabelt gave me a good deal. I was a little confused by the Sabelt website so Emaild him and he sorted out just what I wanted *thumbup* Top quality 6 point harnesses with adjuster at the buckle end rather than Caterhams chassis end.

I have a Caterham black 4pt that has been used about 3 times and then taken off my race car (passenger side). I think its in date to 2013, but that's only relevant for racing. Yours for £70 incl. delivery if you want it?

Jez

Thanks Michael

I have e mailed Jez to ensure these two 4 points match - I know!!!! I am a fussy tart.

That being the case likely i will buy form you both.

Await to her from Jez then I'll get back to both of you.

Cheers

Steve

Quoting James.S: 

These are fantstic - best adjusters on the market.

Have used CC, Willans, Luke in the past and none are as good.

Speak to malcolm.

here

Absolutely *thumbup*

I've just bought some and Malcolm was very helpful / patient with me - also they do a club discount (they'd dropped off the discount page of the members' area for a while, but are back on now).

Ben

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded to this. And specifically to Jez and Mike for their efforts to get me sorted.

Some one has come up with a solution that I couldn't refuse.

Once again thanks everyone

Steve

Bit late to the party but I need to buy a harness too. Currently I have an impossible-to-adjust 4 point harness (the lap adjustment's behind the seat, down by the rear mounting points) with a car buckle style connector which makes it very fiddly to extricate myself from the shoulder straps even with the buckle undone, and I feel I'd submarine in a collision

Just reading the thread, can someone explain "pulling up" versus "pulling down"?

My idea of what I should look for was...

1. 6 point for the submarining protection

2. QR buckle on the lapstrap nearest the tunnel (so 'handed'), to stop damage to car outer skin

3. Lapstrap tightens by pulling towards and across the buckle (as there's not enough space to pull away from the buckle).

4. Shoulder straps pull down to tighten. Maybe this is the "Up" or "Down" referered to?

I know many will have gone through the process - I'd be keen to know what's consided 'best practice' and what I should look for? Thanks.

Edited by - AdC on 16 Apr 2012 11:33:16

Hi AdC

We are referring to the lap belt (tensioner /loose webbing) being 'pulled up ' from the floor , as 'pulling down' toward the floor in a 7 is nigh on impossible.

I was only reffering to a 4 point (for raod use - not racing) - I have no idea about a 6 poin, but would only guess that it has similarities about how it is tensioned.

Regards

Steve